Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Turned On MJ Today, Works Great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starrouter
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Turned On MJ Today, Works Great

I've been waiting for a week to get my wireless broadband hooked up. It snowed like mad here today and I was afraid they were going to want to put it off till next week but the guy arrived and even though it took him twice as long as normal, he did an excellent job of getting it going for me. I just plugged in my MJ a few minutes ago. It went through the registration process and let me pick a number and within about 4 minutes from when I plugged it in to the USB port, I made my first call on it. First I called my land line using the MJ software keypad, then I called my wife dialing the traditional way with the buttons on the phone. It worked perfectly with no tinkering at all, and the conversation was very clear.

The only question I have thus far is, does the MJ soft dialer have to stay open all the time or can I close it with the task manager - I see no X or close button.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject:

In the advanced users menu ( under menus) click on minimize to tray. Then you can minimize it to get it off your screen. It will pop up again the next time you get or make a call. There are 3rd party programs which will prevent it from poping up in the first place.

I had the same experience as you in Aug 2008. Plugged it in and in less than 5 min I was making calls. It has work well for me ever since. So well in fact, last March I got rid of my landline

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
starrouter
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I can see where if it continues to work well in the long run, this is going to be a major benefit for my household. It's such a good deal in-fact that it's surprising that our imperial leaders have not yet figured out someway to strangle it, stifle it or tax it to death like they do so many other great ideas. I hope that MJ continues to have competition from other voip options to keep them competitive and improving their service.
magicFox
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Ive had people tell me it sounds "better" then a land line, hehee

Yes MJ works very well and priced just right ! Smile
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There are 3rd party programs which will prevent it from popping up in the first place.

I gotta tell ya, with enormous respect and kudos to the developers and contributors of MagicBlock and other various ways of running MJ as a service, the MagicSilencePlugin makes me breathe hard.

It's been a fun ride from the early days when Stewart contributed his original spoofing script and other insights with the later development by others of the 3rd party solutions that make this forum great. I stand in their shadow with thanks.
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
In the advanced users menu ( under menus) click on minimize to tray. Then you can minimize it to get it off your screen. It will pop up again the next time you get or make a call. There are 3rd party programs which will prevent it from poping up in the first place.

I had the same experience as you in Aug 2008. Plugged it in and in less than 5 min I was making calls. It has work well for me ever since. So well in fact, last March I got rid of my landline

Joe Sica

I just checked the minimize to tray and tried calling my MJ with my cell, no connection at all the phone pad didnt even pop up. I unchecked minimize to tray and everything works fine, go figure.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Wow thats VERY odd indeed as the softphone pops up, on my pc, as soon as I get a dial tone. Not a clue why you are not even able to make a call my just minimizing it. What OS are you using?? MAYBE there is a setting someone causing this to happen.
Maybe someone else here can say why?

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I use windows XP
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Same here XP SP3.
Can you make outgoing calls and if so does the softphone pop up then?
What happens when you call your MJ, does it go right to voicemail? Have you tried calling your MJ with another phone other than your cell phone when it is minimized??? What if you manually click on the MJ icon in the lower right? Does it pop up and then work ok?

Just a few things that come to mind to troubleshoot.

Joe Sica
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Same here XP SP3.
Can you make outgoing calls and if so does the softphone pop up then?
What happens when you call your MJ, does it go right to voicemail? Have you tried calling your MJ with another phone other than your cell phone when it is minimized??? What if you manually click on the MJ icon in the lower right? Does it pop up and then work ok?

Just a few things that come to mind to troubleshoot.

Joe Sica

For some reason it just started working normally with minimize to tray checked.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooook
I guess we have to cue the Twilight Zone theme now........

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: