magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two logged on pc - MJ makes loud noise and do not work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saponga
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Two logged on pc - MJ makes loud noise and do not work! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am new here and new MJ user as well. My problem is that when a log on my name MJ start up and works fin. But if I switch user and log on my wife' s name MJ start again and a very loud noise start when a tried to use the phone. I can not even dial. Anybody has the same problem.
Thanks for the help!
Blindman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the same problem with mine running winxp32.
Only way I have found is to actually log off one user instead of just switching users.
I know a little slower to shutdown all process and then restart them every time.
anonyjack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Two logged on pc - MJ makes loud noise and do not work! Reply with quote

saponga wrote:
Hi guys, I am new here and new MJ user as well. My problem is that when a log on my name MJ start up and works fin. But if I switch user and log on my wife' s name MJ start again and a very loud noise start when a tried to use the phone. I can not even dial. Anybody has the same problem.
Thanks for the help!

It's exactly what you said is happening, I quoted in red is the problem. When you switch users / log off a session on the computer, it keeps MJ running. When the new user logs in, the software will start a new session and conflict with already running program from earlier.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html

This thread will help you to setup your MJ to run as a service. Meaning instead of you or any other user starting magicjack at login, it can separately turn on at bootup & eliminate multiple requests to start the program. That should hopefully solve your problem.
saponga
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks a Lot! Reply with quote

Hi anonyjack,

Thank you very much. I did exactly what the post said and MJ works fine now. No more the annoying log on/log of thing.
Just one thing: where the post says:
"4) Open My Computer and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data
and move the mjusbsp folder to
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data
While you're in My Computer, also note the letter for second drive assigned to the MJ box. If you right click the drive and choose Properties, the correct one will have the name PHONE. "
You have to move mjusbsp folder to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. And not to Local Service.

Once Again, Thank you very much

Saponga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: