magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two magic jacks one household

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvereyes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: two magic jacks one household Reply with quote

I live at my parents guest house. We share the same cable internet. I'd like to know if I can purchase two magic jacks, one for me and one for them and not have an error, such as IP conflict error.
Thank you.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: two magic jacks one household Reply with quote

silvereyes wrote:
I live at my parents guest house. We share the same cable internet. I'd like to know if I can purchase two magic jacks, one for me and one for them and not have an error, such as IP conflict error.
Thank you.

At its most simple, yes. However, each MJ needs to run on its own computer.

There are ways around that limitation that involve using virtual machine set-ups.

As long as you have a decent broadband connection, you can have multiple VOIP calls going simultaneously behind the same router.

As you can tell from my signature, they don't even have to be from the same VOIP provider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: