magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Magic Jacks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Two Magic Jacks? Reply with quote

So I've got a Magic Jack Plus and my old Magic Jack. I decided to see if I could get them both working. I plugged the Plus into the router and the regular MJ into my computer.

They both seem to be working. The Magic Jack PLUS has crashed once. All I did was unplug it and plug it back in.

Any reason to think this setup might cause problems?

Thanks.

--DB
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Magic Jacks? Reply with quote

Darkbob wrote:
So I've got a Magic Jack Plus and my old Magic Jack. I decided to see if I could get them both working. I plugged the Plus into the router and the regular MJ into my computer.

They both seem to be working. The Magic Jack PLUS has crashed once. All I did was unplug it and plug it back in.

Any reason to think this setup might cause problems?

Thanks.

--DB

Nope............ working as designed ( though you can have ONLY one plugged into the PC's USB port at a time)....But chances are they could expire at different times, so best keep an eye on that if you still want to have both running...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkbob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many can you have plugged into the router via ethernet at once?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkbob wrote:
So how many can you have plugged into the router via ethernet at once?

Well obvioulsy BOTH need to be the plus as the orig MJ needs a PC's OS to work correctly.

As far as if you can use 2 plus's in the same router, I have no idea BUT I would think yes.. Best to contact MJ online chat and ask, but just be prepared to get as many answers as many times you ask them.
If you have a buddy or a family member who has a plus my best suggestion would be to have them bring it by and try...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wold say u can have as many as your bandwidth and router wold let u i my be i am wrong also if it the old one then one to a computer but the same i wold think

have a good one
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my old one plugged into the computer, and my new plus in the router. Both are working fine. Thumbs up!
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using two MJ Plus on one router. Haven't had two conversations going at same time though. I suspect they will run fine so long as I don't deceide to download a large file with the laptop that is also connected to same router.
stevo3297
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Are both your magic jacks still working together Reply with quote

I have a Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus and can only get the one to work that has the port forward set up..

Anyone have any ideas?

s
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Are both your magic jacks still working together Reply with quote

stevo3297 wrote:
I have a Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus and can only get the one to work that has the port forward set up..

Anyone have any ideas?

s

If you cannot get MJ to work with your router (brand/model?) without port forwarding. There are a couple of things you might try.

Instead of port forwarding try and enable "port triggering" which should instruct the router to keep the port open for incoming from a ip after the device has sent outgoing thru that port. On some routers multiple devices can be supported on others only one ip can use the triggered port.

If your only using 2 MJ's then perhaps you could put the plus in the DMZ and port forward to the second one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: