Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Two magicJacks on one computer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylewhite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Two magicJacks on one computer...

Has anyone figured out how to use two magicJacks on one computer?

Also, is it possible to call one MJ in one area code and then transfer the call to another MJ (same or different computer - doesn't matter) in another area code? I'm trying to call from a non-MJ line (obviously), in a remote location with no high speed internet, and to make outgoing calls on a second MJ. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Bob_D
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Try this

Depending on the number of calls need to be made, use any internet service (high speed not needed) to get to your MJ account and set the call fowarding number for to the number you need to call.
When you dial the MJ number it will then be fowarded to the number you wanted to call. After the call simply go to your MJ account and either turn off call fowarding or change the fowarding number.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

The SIPCPE FX-300 (or, if you can find one, the FX-200) will do exactly what you need. There are two phone jacks on the device. One goes to each of your MJs, which must be on separate computers.

You then program the device by calling into it, which you can do by putting a regular phone instrument on one MJ and calling the other. You set a user password and some other behavior parameters and you are ready.

Once set up you will call in to one of the MJs, the FX will answer the call and prompt you to input your PIN. You will then get connected to the Dial Tone of the other MJ for your outbound call.

Since you will be using both MJs at the same time you will need to be sure that you have at least 160kbps of bandwidth available in each direction from your ISP. That's it!
kylewhite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: SIPCPE

Thanks! That does look like exactly what I want to do. I was able to find the company and their spec sheet. But, the website that they say sells their product does not, and all of my emails to them are being kicked back. Are they still in business? Know where I can buy one or another name this might be sold as? I've looked under "analog call director" the description SIPCPE uses and I only find them when I search. None for sale at Amazon, Ebay, Voipsupply...
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject:

Are you trying the Voxilla store? They are off the air right now, probably for Sunday maintenance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: