magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ubuntu Users?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barada Nels
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Ubuntu Users? Reply with quote

Greetings,

Anyone that uses Ubuntu actually go to 11.04 full time? If so . . . why?

I feel that I will be sticking with 10.10 for a while or go over to Mint . . . I would rather roll Puppy than deal with Unity for another minute!

Sincerely,

Barada Nels
Diggs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticking with 10.04 LTS for awhile.....
Barada Nels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Sticking with 10.04 LTS for awhile.....

Greetings,

I hear ya on the LTS. I noticed little differences from 10.04 and 10.10. But I had to use 10.10 for some of my emulation and gaming needs. Doomsday runs flawlessly on linux unlike it's windows counterpart.

It would be nice if they rolled Long Term Service for 10.10, but I highly doubt it. Especially with Unity being their baby and all.

I heard 11.10 they are gonna get rid of gnome entirely. If so Mint here I come!

Sincerely,

Barada Nels

Edit: Also the 200 line kernel patch for desktop performance, I could only find on 10.10. I haven't seen it on 10.04LTS.
Silvester Norman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Why Unbuntu 11.04? Reply with quote

This Ubuntu version is more secure than the previous additions You can surf in safety with Ubuntu � confident that your files and data will stay protected � thanks to the built-in firewall and virus protection. And if a potential vulnerability appears, we provide automatic updates which you can install in a single click.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: