magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UDP access to talk4free.com domain on ports 5060 and 5070

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: UDP access to talk4free.com domain on ports 5060 and 5070 Reply with quote

I get the following error when I run this http://www.magicjack.com/1/magicfix.asp

magicFix is unable to contact the magicJack calling servers. Your router and firewall settings to must allow magicJack UDP access to talk4free.com domain on ports 5060 and 5070.

MagicJack error:
Please connect to the Internet and click here [error 3]

I'm Overland Park, Kansas and use Time Warner cable modem.
Use Windows XP.

How can I get this resolved?

Thanks
Jay
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your MJ work correctly in the past and just now got this error? Or is this a new MJ installation and you got this error?
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is new MagicJack installation and have never used before.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to test your internet connection to see if port 5060 is really blocked. Select destination Boston or SJ from the following test site:
http://www.TestYourVoip.com

pay attention to the status message on top, if it says "retrying on port 6000" then port 5060 is blocked from your internet connection. We will address that if it is true.
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this http://www.TestYourVoip.com and selected Boston

Testing on Alternate Port
Your computer couldn't call our location on the standard SIP port (5060). Generally, this failure is caused by a firewall blocking our calls. We are going to re-run the test over a commonly available port (6000) to diagnose the problem.
hotman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: I'm having the same problem port 5060 it's blocked Reply with quote

Your computer couldn't call our location on the standard SIP port (5060). Generally, this failure is caused by a firewall blocking our calls. We are going to re-run the test over a commonly available port (6000) to diagnose the problem.
prhammer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm having the same problem port 5060 it's blocked Reply with quote

hotman wrote:

Same problem here. I'm using a Motorola SBG900 Modem with a wireless router built in. I've gone into the modem's firewall settings and started to open some UDP ports but was unsure of whether it needed both inbound and outbound or just outbound.

I tested the windows firewall and that wasn't the issue - no changed when I turned it off.

Any help would be appreciated.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, too many people having the same issue. Here are some to check:

- What type of internet do you have? Cable, DSL? what is the model # of your router?

Try the followings:
- disable your firewall & any anti-virus programs
- check your Internet Explorer (IE) settings & set as follows:

In IE's Tools/Internet Options:

- tab Privacy: set this at Medium or Low. Also "Block pop-ups" should be unchecked temporarily
- tab Connections/LAN Settings: there should be NO check marks in this screen.

Try to test VOIP connection again using IE (not Firefox or other browser as I want to make sure IE is working properly):
http://www.testyourvoip.com

Last edited by LikeMagic on Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm having the same problem port 5060 it's blocked Reply with quote

prhammer wrote:
hotman wrote:

Same problem here. I'm using a Motorola SBG900 Modem with a wireless router built in. I've gone into the modem's firewall settings and started to open some UDP ports but was unsure of whether it needed both inbound and outbound or just outbound.

I tested the windows firewall and that wasn't the issue - no changed when I turned it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your Motorola SBG900 modem has a built-in firewall, try to log into the modem's setup page & turn the firewall setting to "None" and try again.

1 On the SBG900 Setup Program left panel, click Firewall.
2 Click POLICY.
3 Click basic to display the predefined firewall policy templates
4 Click NONE
5 Click Apply

Or you can set up port forwarding for VOIP call (port 5060) to the IP address of the PC where MJ is installed. See the following page for example:
http://packetman.com.au/kb/entry/135/#s7

Last edited by LikeMagic on Wed May 07, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disabled McAfee
Changed IE settings accordingly.
Time Warner Cable modem.

LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayasankara wrote:
Disabled McAfee
Changed IE settings accordingly.
Time Warner Cable modem.

Please provide a model #. Time Warner Cable modem is very generic. Check the label for brand and model #.
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model No.: U10C018
FC Trade Name : Ambit
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003
SA LR111200
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. Do you have any router hooked up to this cable modem (model number)? Or do you hook your PC directly to this modem?

Here's the info on your modem:
http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=74fc51f6-2b3c-4a96-a6b7-90e4e321738a
jayasankara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC is directly connected to the modem.
This link is taking time to open:
http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=74fc51f6-2b3c-4a96-a6b7-90e4e321738a
Once the page is available, will try and let know.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you run any software firewall? Built-in Windows firewall or other firewall like ZoneAlarm, Norton Firewall, etc? If so, disable it for testing. Do you have any issue in general with Internet Explorer surfing the internet?
JenD
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

I have the Motorola SBG900 and once I turned off the firewall, I could finally hear my Mom... I really appreciate your post.

And I hate my Motorla SBG900... I guess it's just trying to protect me, but it seems to be preventing me from accessing things more and more often...

Thanks again.
Jen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: