Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UH OH! - No more ATA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaYankee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:

pagemen wrote:
I have some old saved Wireshark capture from 2008. Compare with the recent update

1) 401 unauthorized then 200 OK
2) User-Agent: ENSR2.5.47.0-IS11-RMRG0-RG900-xxxxxxxx
3) realm="stratus.com"

all these are normal and can be found on both sessions.

However, as "greg7usa" suggested, MJ now use TLS during the register process, which can be found clearly from Wireshark capture, so we need the client key to start with, and use eyeBeam to do the test. Even so, since there is no TLS support in the popular PAP2T(and lots of other ATAs), it might be the end of the party.

imho, if your ATA is still working, consider yourself lucky but its just a matter of time for MJ to update all servers/accounts to the new register process.

Check out this web page on SIP Gateway Signaling Support Over TLS Transport. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/FeatTLS.html Maybe someone can figure out how it works and get these ATAs back working again.
steroids
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject:

GeorgiaYankee wrote:
pagemen wrote:
I have some old saved Wireshark capture from 2008. Compare with the recent update

1) 401 unauthorized then 200 OK
2) User-Agent: ENSR2.5.47.0-IS11-RMRG0-RG900-xxxxxxxx
3) realm="stratus.com"

all these are normal and can be found on both sessions.

However, as "greg7usa" suggested, MJ now use TLS during the register process, which can be found clearly from Wireshark capture, so we need the client key to start with, and use eyeBeam to do the test. Even so, since there is no TLS support in the popular PAP2T(and lots of other ATAs), it might be the end of the party.

imho, if your ATA is still working, consider yourself lucky but its just a matter of time for MJ to update all servers/accounts to the new register process.

Check out this web page on SIP Gateway Signaling Support Over TLS Transport. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/FeatTLS.html Maybe someone can figure out how it works and get these ATAs back working again.

dtm posted the algorithm a few days ago!

az1324 already posted the code to get you up and running.
jaybobc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject:

OK, I have a cisco 3640 router with an IOS that supports the TLS feature set. I am willing to do some testing and report the results. I'm not sure, however if I should use the configuration to connect to SIP Endpoints over TLS That Share the Same CA or different CA. Any ideas?
roc1479
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: No Ring on incoming calls

Hey Guys,

I tried az1324's program running on an IBM T20 with the magicjack plugged in and configured as described. I also have my Linksys PAP2 configured as described.

I get a dial tone and can make calls. However, when trying to make an incoming call, the phone does not ring, but if I pick it up, it answers the call.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

EDIT:
Switch to a Cordless Panasonic phone and it rang. I'm good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: