Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UH OH! - No more ATA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james1095
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:

The thing with the ads has always made me wonder. I've never actually seen an ad for anything other than Magic Jack itself, but regardless of that, I always minimize the softphone when it pops up if I'm at the computer and the rest of the time I'm around the house on a cordless phone. Does *anyone* sit and look at their computer screen while talking on the phone? That alone has made me wonder from the start about the sustainability of the company.

Doesn't help that the all the advertising including the infomercial they have reek of carnival huckster sleaze that would undermine the image of even the best product. Anyone see that one where they're going on about regular price $69.95, on sale now for only $39.95, BS, it's been $39.95 anywhere you buy it, right from the start.
mjsbz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Interesting Development

Interesting Development:

Change your register expires / session expiry setting on your ATA to 600. If this doesn't work try 0. They may be setting this differently for your setting. This seems to be how they are sorting ATA and non-ATA for now. Changing this on my ATA got incoming to work, BUT not outgoing. Just discovered this. I did some PMDump sniffing and found that this value for Session-Expires was previously different.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject:

macman4hire wrote:
A $60.00-100 dollar a year premium plan that would allow BYOD users to use MagicJack might be very successful addition to MagicJack's service offerings.

If it was just $40 a year it would be a 100% profit improvement without any loss due to advertisements. (They're not serving ads except those promoting MagicJack, which I'm sure Dan sees value in, but not like real revenue.).

Mark
james1095
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Sipgate One looks brilliant! Thanks to whoever mentioned them!

I've just signed up for an account and will try it out when I get home. Looks like it will do everything I need. It lacks unlimited local calls but they're so cheap that it doesn't matter. Might even work out cheaper than MJ over the long run since I make relatively few calls. Funny, I no longer particular care about hacking my Magic Jack Smile
macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

james1095 wrote:
Sipgate One looks brilliant! Thanks to whoever mentioned them!

I've just signed up for an account and will try it out when I get home. Looks like it will do everything I need. It lacks unlimited local calls but they're so cheap that it doesn't matter. Might even work out cheaper than MJ over the long run since I make relatively few calls. Funny, I no longer particular care about hacking my Magic Jack Smile

This is exactly what Dan should be afraid of and try to avoid at all costs if he is truly in it for the long term and hopes to keep his company viable!
Taken83oveR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject:

To bad they only have numbers for the 415, area code....
connecting4less
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject:

i signed up for sipgate one and entered my credentials in the ata made phone calls noone could hear me and can;t hear them but when i did the test call from the dashboard it rang my phone and it was a clear call

do you get unlimited incoming calls on sipgate one?
fsu1991
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I too find the call quality to be much better with an ATA rather than the dongle or a thin client. Initially, finding the password and configuring the ATA was kind of fun and I really liked saving money. In fact, I used the second line on my ATA for the Gizmo VOIP service since I could use my Gizmo account with my Google Voice number. After recently losing what little money I had in Gizmo due to not adding more money before the 1-year anniversary and now with mj disabling the ATA, I finally decided to give up on all the cheap solutions and go with something more reliable. After mj's latest efforts, I went ahead and ordered a Ooma.

Although Ooma cost more initially, it seems to be hassle free and offers great voice quality. I don't know how they can stay in business any more than other VOIP companies, but I figured that Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, and other large companies wouldn't be selling their product unless they were somewhat stable. I've reached a point where this is no longer a fun hobby and I now just want reliable phone service (and I'm sure my family will be happier as well). Between the mj dongle, thin client (which never worked that well for me), upgrades to the thin client, and the cost of the ATA, this became an expensive hobby. I've also never liked mj's advertising and how they treat their customers, which is why I stopped recommending them to others a long time ago.

I've learned a lot from reading these forums and I realize there are a lot of really smart people working this and helping others and I appreciate all of the help I've received. I wish you guys luck in finding a long-term solution for using the ATAs.
look_ahead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Think mj is using two passwords

[quote="domingo"]well lets start looking for patterns , where the devices unlocked or did they come unlocked from where they were purchased ?

My mj is working fine on an ata so I will try and help as much as I can.[/quote]

Last night my ATA wan not able register after entering new password. I changed few things, cannot remember which one make it register. Now it can successes fully register but cannot make out going calls as some said on this thread. Incomming is fine. I did some analysis and if I am not mistaken, MJ is using a different password in Invite message. I can see it is being rejected as unauthorized. But registration message still goes through.
I would also belive, this password for Invite is/may change every time you startup MJ service using the secure communication with some web server. MJ askes for user username/password before dongle works using a webpage. I am not sure if anyone noticed it...

look_ahead.
JohnnyPhilko
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Think mj is using two passwords

[quote="look_ahead"]
domingo wrote:
well lets start looking for patterns , where the devices unlocked or did they come unlocked from where they were purchased ?

My mj is working fine on an ata so I will try and help as much as I can.

My Ata was not working this morning. I unplugged my telephone from the ata and plugged the dongle into the computer, it took the upgrade and had me sign in with my username and password. After that the dongle started worked. I ran the stroth ultilites and found a new password, but I didn't change the version number in my ata. I did change the password though and it registrd fine and has been working fine since. If that helps anyone.
synchron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject:

look_ahead wrote:

MJ askes for user username/password before dongle works using a webpage. I am not sure if anyone noticed it...

look_ahead.

Yeah, this time around, they forced evry1 to validate their web username/pw in order to go through that "Lucky You" process unlike the update in December 08. Perhaps their tracking system was faulty/corrupted and they needed this info to extend SIP authentication.

At any rate, this is a sad day to see so many already looking at VOIP alternatives. I'm still hoping that there will be some kind of exploit to get the ATA working again. I'm already getting complaints from my family about random beeps, crappy audio, etc. The new OOMA Telo system looks interesting.

Synchron Cool
macman4hire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The new OOMA Telo system looks interesting.

Synchron Cool

I am not bashing OOMA but please be careful as $250.00 is not inexpensive for the OOMA device and service. If you get a years worth of service from OOMA you would paying about $21.00 a month for the service which I could live with. OMMA business model seems scarier to me than MagicJacks. I have listed some of my concerns below.

1. How will pay the taxes to FCC and Government Agencies (Universal Service Fund, 911 Recovery Charges, etc.) as OOMA clear provides voice communication using existing POTS network. Several of the larger VoIP service providers are already charging taxes to pay the FCC its cut of the pie.

2. If OOMA does not go out of business. What happens when your OOMA hardware fails? Do you have purchase a new device for $250.00? Not the seem as dropping $40 for a new MagicJack.

3. Do some research on how many companies promising goods or services for life are still in business. A great marketing ploy but often not economical feasible.

4. If your reading this thread you probably already invested in an ATA device and there a boat load of inexpensive VoIP service providers out there.

Anyways just looking out! Good luck on what ever you decide.
Mr_Dasher
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:

If MJ did one thing it was introduced me to the wonderful world of VOIP.

But time to move on.

Now I like using VOIP with an ATA so I will be looking for an alternative to MJ. In Canada I can get an number in my area code and free North American long distance for about 10 dollars a month with no contracts. It may be more expensive than MJ but I'm sure more reliable. I also think that as time goes on VOIP is going to be come even more competitive and in turn cheaper. There's even a company in Canada that will give you a free local telephone number that you can use they're softphone with or they will sell you a SIP account for life for $50.00 one time charge. By the end of this year I'm sure MJ won't be the only kid on the block.

For now I have the novelty of having an American numbers in L.A. and New York. I'll just forward them to my new home number.

D

D
JohnnyPhilko
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

How about we start a new thread for people whose ATAs are still working and compare notes. Perhaps we can find something in common?
joecanadian
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Ok who is connecting to what proxy thats a start

I use the Chicago one
and I was prompted with the web authentication ..

I am a asterisks user

I have done nothing othere then stop my trunk and plug in my mj just now.. will test when i have more time tommorow..

so tell me you

proxy
and what you use ata and type or asterisk
and if it works..
docbones
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone tried changing the voice codec on their ATA?
connecting4less
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject:

mine worked after getting new password
im using tampa proxy on pap2t

my dad's didn't work his on tampa proxy as well
and my uncle's didn't work and his on miami proxy

all have the same ATA
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject:

[quote="macman4hire"]A. . Sipgate has just announce a service called Sipgate One which offers free USA phone numbers with many free forwarding options.

Sipgate is really interesting. First of all, you at least understand how they make money, something not very clear with magic jack or ooma. At this point of time, I would miss the free local calls though. But at least, some alternatives are coming.
james1095
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject:

connecting4less wrote:
i signed up for sipgate one and entered my credentials in the ata made phone calls noone could hear me and can;t hear them but when i did the test call from the dashboard it rang my phone and it was a clear call

do you get unlimited incoming calls on sipgate one?

I just finally got home and tried it. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine, quality sounds the same to my ear as the hacked MJ account did. So far as I can tell, it's free incoming calls, and you get 200 minutes for signing up, then it's under 2 cents a minute for US calls. It's very rare that I spend more than an hour or two a month on outgoing landline calls, so this will work just fine for me.

Granted I've only just tried it, but I'll play with it over time and see how I like it.
james1095
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject:

Taken83oveR wrote:

Who? I just got a 425 number from Sipgate. They had the rest of the WA area codes available as well. Didn't try the other states.
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject:

play around with your free 200 minutes to see how they bill. It looks like with Sipgate you're tab starts running with all forwarding, except voicemail. Also, as soon as you buy outgoing credits you start picking up a $1.99/month 911 charge.
I have Sipgate on the ATA and will use it for incoming, forward from Google Voice. But, for outgoing, I hear really good things about Voip.ms They have 2 levels of SIP quality they sell. The high tier sells for 1.25cents per minute. The lower tier is 1.05cents per minute. I hear the lower end works great. You can set your own caller id. Best of all, they bill in 8 second increments, whereas Sipgate bills in full minutes. I'm reading about people paying 6 or 7 bucks a month with voip.ms, including the DID number. With outgoing only it might be worth it.
Taken83oveR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject:

james1095 wrote:
Taken83oveR wrote:

Who? I just got a 425 number from Sipgate. They had the rest of the WA area codes available as well. Didn't try the other states.

Try 317, which is Indianapolis. I get offered a free California "415" zip. Thanks, but no thanks.
SUNBURNED
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject:

Well, the only thing I can see that they may be checking for is the "User-Agent=MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)" being sent. I know other VOIP providers have used this string to lock out non-softphone users. I've been using an AC-211 for a while now with MJ, and no problems until the update. Got my new SIP credentials after I put in my dongle and got the update, put the new password in, no dice. I can't see anywhere where I can change the "User-Agent=MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)" on the AC-211 (I think my AC-211 is hardwired via firmware to send "User-Agent=Telco Systems 4.62....". I don't have SIP softphone software to test this theory.

Anyone who knows how to change the user agent string on the AC-211, I'm all ears...

And for those who have ATAs (Linksys PAP2, etc) that some are working, some aren't, the only thing I'd suggest is trying firmware updates and changing the "User Agent=" field, if this option is available on your ATA, along with you new password (if need be) and try again.

What ATAs out there allow changing the "User Agent=" setting? Does the DLink 1402S allow this (my brother has this ATA, and is down also--he can't find this setting).
angel-78
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:

[quote="SUNBURNED"]Well, the only thing I can see that they may be checking for is the "User-Agent=MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)" being sent. I know other VOIP providers have used this string to lock out non-softphone users. I've been using an AC-211 for a while now with MJ, and no problems until the update. Got my new SIP credentials after I put in my dongle and got the update, put the new password in, no dice. I can't see anywhere where I can change the "User-Agent=MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)" on the AC-211 (I think my AC-211 is hardwired via firmware to send "User-Agent=Telco Systems 4.62....". I don't have SIP softphone software to test this theory.

Anyone who knows how to change the user agent string on the AC-211, I'm all ears...

I have a script that I got on this forum that will let you change the user agent string on the AC-211. I use a linksys 2102 but I got a couple of 211 for my dad and some of his friends. they are easy to set up. I will look for it tomorrow when I get home.
bgfrmnyc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Asking for login info prior to updating?

I saw a few posts where people were asked to enter their username and password before the upgrade. When did this happen? After my ATA went dead, I plugged in the Jack but it never asked me to enter any information before upgrading. I did see a window on the left hand side of the softphone that said something about logging in but it just went away and the upgrade continued by itself. I am wondering if those that had to do this login prior to the upgrade still have working ATAs as oppossed to those that did not have to login having dead ATAs?

Either way the softphone works fine but could this be why some ATAs still work and some don't? My ATA doesn't work and I was not asked to login.
andsmith79
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject:

I am (was) using a Linksys RTP300 with my SIP info. It went down a few days ago and I have not been able to get it working since the update. When I plugged the dongle into my PC it said there was an update available. Once the update finished the dongle rebooted(?) and then I was prompted to enter my MagicJack login info. After I entered the info I was able to make/receive calls through the dongle, but nothing on the ATA.
Anon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject:

Any of you who still have your ata still working please respond to this thread:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/if-your-ata-still-works-post-your-specs-here-t6516.html
megatrom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: no estan trabajando

los ATA no estan trabajando con los mj esta el internet mio no quiere trabajar, alguien sabe que pasa
grillovillegas
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Have two MJ

the first one i did an update and it stopped to work on my ata

the second one never did an update its working in the same ata

with no changes at all only the credentials name and password

so it must be the new update.....

Thanks
fmflex
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: All is working here

I have 2 MJ running on a PAP2 ATA. One was activated end of April or beginning of May and one was activated end of May beginning of June. I did not do any updates. Both are dialing in and out. I'm on the Chicago proxy and I used this to set up my ATA (http://rapidshare.com/files/208210096/PAP2TMJ.config) which is what I found on this forum. I have had my ATA activated only for like 2 weeks. Hope this helps.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Anyway to rollback update?
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject:

jeffnyc wrote:

Don't think it would help. Most of us had to do the update as we couldn't get service using our BYODs without it anyway.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject:

UncleRunkle wrote:
jeffnyc wrote:

Don't think it would help. Most of us had to do the update as we couldn't get service using our BYODs without it anyway.

Unfortunately, most of the current tools use to get credentials require the dongle to be plugged in therefore initiatiny the update. I am wondering if you got the new password without doing the update if it would have worked. Once the update is applied the account must be flagged to look for the extra whatever. Unfortunately, this is all 20/20 hindsight.
j1sjeep
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jeffnyc wrote:
UncleRunkle wrote:
jeffnyc wrote:

Unfortunately, most of the current tools use to get credentials require the dongle to be plugged in therefore initiatiny the update. I am wondering if you got the new password without doing the update if it would have worked. Once the update is applied the account must be flagged to look for the extra whatever. Unfortunately, this is all 20/20 hindsight.

@Jeff, this is EXACTLY what I'm thinking. If the PW is sent before the update... So if anyone hasn't retrieved the update, you might see if the "withdrawal method" works on MJ... Better on an MJ than GF. LOL
kingfisher1111
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Try Voxox.com .They give a free US phone number and 2 hours of free time.Soon they are going to launch unlimited service for US with in 5$/month.
Thanks
pcdocta
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject:

What if they are filtering the vendor code portion of the MAC address? then they could block everyone using ATAs... Does anyone out there have an ATA that allows you to input a different MAC address???... or have a way to spoof the existing one with another??
SUNBURNED
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks angel-78! That sounds awesome, and would love to try that script! If you could send it when you're able, and if there are instructions to go with it, that'd be great too.

Thanks angel-78! I'll be eagerl awaiting it!
j1sjeep
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject:

pcdocta wrote:
What if they are filtering the vendor code portion of the MAC address? then they could block everyone using ATAs... Does anyone out there have an ATA that allows you to input a different MAC address???... or have a way to spoof the existing one with another??

Well, the MJ hardware isn't a NIC... so it wouldn't have a MAC address.But anyone running Asterisk or Trix could test the theory with a little MAC spoofing.
Mr_Dasher
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject:

If it was a MAC address issue then we should still be able to use softphone programs like xlite because the xlite would run off the same computers the MJ dongle does.

D
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Mr_Dasher wrote:
If it was a MAC address issue then we should still be able to use softphone programs like xlite because the xlite would run off the same computers the MJ dongle does.

D

I think what was meant is that the MJ device had a mac address. MJ would not be checking the mac address of the pc the dongle was connected. The dongle can be plugged into any pc and still work. Though someone posted the dongle does not have a mac address.

The thing is that the serial number is associated with the dongle. Perhaps they are now checking that the device possesses the serial number, which obviously the ata is not sending.
pcdocta
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject:

jeffnyc wrote:
Mr_Dasher wrote:

D

I think what was meant is that the MJ device had a mac address. MJ would not be checking the mac address of the pc the dongle was connected. The dongle can be plugged into any pc and still work. Though someone posted the dongle does not have a mac address.

The thing is that the serial number is associated with the dongle. Perhaps they are now checking that the device possesses the serial number, which obviously the ata is not sending.

No guys. I was talking about the MAC addresses and the vendor code portion of the most popular ATAs out there being blocked.
pcdocta
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject:

Has anyone used wireshark to analyze whats going on? Here is what Ive seen..

Using the MJ dongle, I monitor the packets for the MJ and can see for sure a few things. It always fails on the first attempt to authorize (status:401 unauthorized) On the second attempt it goes thru. The sip info shows the new user agent string and also "expires=0".
Some other info showing up is "realm=sratus.com"

I am using proxy1.miami.talk4free.com or if you ping it you get what is shown with the Stroth's suite which is ip address 216.234.79.8; Using proxy01.miami.talk4free.com gives the same result.

My pap2T will register and I get dial tone but unable to make or rcv call.

Anyone out there who can add to this please do. I think there is maybe one simple change that needs to be made on the ATA for this to all work again.. any ideas??
Mr_Dasher
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject:

I'm wondering if the two registration attempts would explain why some people are able to log in with their ATA's and some aren't.

Since they changed the passwords on some MJ accounts and not on others, when you you attempt to register the system will check your password. If the password passes the first attempt then it's the old login type but if it doesn't pass the first attempt it will roll over to the second registration type.

I'm not home at the moment - maybe someone could check?

D
pcdocta
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

Mr_Dasher wrote:
I'm wondering if the two registration attempts would explain why some people are able to log in with their ATA's and some aren't.

Since they changed the passwords on some MJ accounts and not on others, when you you attempt to register the system will check your password. If the password passes the first attempt then it's the old login type but if it doesn't pass the first attempt it will roll over to the second registration type.

I'm not home at the moment - maybe someone could check?

D

I dont think that is the case. It uses this same password to register with the dongle and it works fine. I really think there is some other setting within the ATAs that needs changing.
angel-78
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject:

SUNBURNED wrote:
Thanks angel-78! That sounds awesome, and would love to try that script! If you could send it when you're able, and if there are instructions to go with it, that'd be great too.
Thanks angel-78! I'll be eagerl awaiting it!

Sorry about taking so long. Open a new notepad and paste this on the page:

; Configuration Parameters. Don't edit this line !!!
;
USER_AGENT="MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)"
;

then save it as "ipg_211.cfg" and then you update the ac211 using this and the admin access. I got this forum a few months, thanks to who ever posted this originally.
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I posted it a few other times on here but I figured it may apply here as well...

I used wireshark for the first time the other day to see if anything made sense when the MJ was trying to register. From my novice eyes, I did notice that when it tries to register, it makes 2 attempts. The first time gives you a 400 error not authorized however the second attempt connects. I also seem to remember getting the same result when making a call. The first attempt gives an unauthorized message followed by a second attempt and it connects successfully. Leads me to believe that the MJ is now programmed to make 2 attempts. The server is rejecting the first one by code but the second one is already on the way is is accepted. This would explain why setting your reg time to 0 would allow you to register (at least in my mind) It would also explain why you get the fast busy sound when you make a call. The ata tries to call, MJ responds unauthorized, the ATA then busy signals you without retrying. Again everything I posted above is simply speculation and going by what I read on my first wireshark capture. Comments?
srvctek
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if its possible to have the ata emulate what the dongle is doing if your right...for now it looks like dan is smarter than we thought Confused I want my magicpap back! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by srvctek on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
lostsoul
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: hello community

I registered on this forum a few months ago when I purchased a magicjack. I've since done quite a bit of reading and would like to thank everyone that has contributed. I was able to get my MJ working basically as I wanted through asterisk, tho my outgoing rules need adjusting still.

the update also originally took out the MJ that was plugged into my asterisk box, The second MJ did not get a password change or an upgrade until some time last night or this morning which has also made that not work as I want it to.

Basically this was just the hello post I forgot to write when I signed up. Hopefully someone will figure out a solution to the problem soon. Just wanted everyone to know I feel your pain... I was really enjoying it when things were functional.

Thanks again
mufon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject:

MAC address is irrelevent, because it's not visible (it does'nt exist in the ethernet frame) past your router.
amatory
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Poo - It seems you dont know how to how SIP or for that matter any challenge based security system works.

1st reply will always come up unauthorized on any SIP or challenge based system. The response to the first attempt is a unique key. The 2nd attempt will have the credentials encoded with the unique key and thus will be accepted.

Also regtime=0 means unregister and DONOT register again. That is why you dont see the registrations requests again. Not because you ATA has registered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: