Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UH OH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: UH OH

http://www.istockanalyst.com:80/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/2976036

Make note in the middle of the article..........

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
'The FCC ruling today has essentially blessed self regulation by the telephone companies to continue and grow a market boycott on two way voice communications between Internet users and telephone users on any terms other than the incumbents allow and prescribe. Rural and low income customers soon will not be able to call or be called from broadband users who use Skype or similar Internet applications. All customers will soon not be able to use 'Magic Jack' to call their neighbors; instead they will have to dial 1+ and pay long distance fees to the telephone companies. The only choice left will be to buy TIPToP from AT&T (enjoying record profits under the current regulatory free-for-all) - which effectively taxes Internet voice at a penalty rate.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:

So bye bye Magic Jack if this goes through?? MAN I wonder how they will do the Infomercial now!!

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
So bye bye Magic Jack if this goes through?? MAN I wonder how they will do the Infomercial now!!

I probably don't understand this. But, I thought this would be good news for MagicJack because it is affiliated with a real CLEC (YMAX). If all MJ calls are routed through YMAX, isn't this CLEC-to-CLEC calls? It's not the same as Skype or Future Nine trying to make calls to a real CLEC?

Mark
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject:

BUT then why did they mention Magic Jack by name IF it is a good thing for Magic Jack??

Joe Sica
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
BUT then why did they mention Magic Jack by name IF it is a good thing for Magic Jack??

It was a stock analyst? Maybe he didn't know what he's talking about?

I'm not claiming to know what I'm talking about. I just don't understand why an MJ user would be required to dial 1+ area code for a long distance service when MJ is affiliated with YMAX, a real CLEC, who is handling the peering with other phone companies.

Even if the other phone companies treated YMAX differently, that should be transparent to us. Just as it is now? (I don't have to dial 1+ to get to a different area code.). It might impact YMAX and MJ. But, I'm not going to be paying for a LD call the way the article said I would.

And, I'm not sure how it would affect YMAX. MJ's relationship with other phone companies is different than Skype, Future Nine, et. al. I've always heard those guys don't have their own CLEC, and therefore don't make money from termination fees from other CLECs the way YMAX does. (This has always been the response to criticism that MJ can't possibly provide the service it does for $20 a year. The response was that comparing MJ to other VOIP provides is an apples/oranges comparison.).

That's as much as I know about it. From what I've heard in the past concerning how MJ doesn't compare to other VOIP providers, I get the impression the author of the analysis forgot that.

Mark
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I hope you are right..................

Joe Sica
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Crap... Me too... Sad
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Again what worries me is that Magic Jack was mentioned by name. I really don't think that is a good sign...
But Mark knows way more than I do so again, I sure hope he is right.

WAIT....... I am sure Obama's "stim you less" pagage will resolve it all....and then some!!

Joe Sica
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Again what worries me is that Magic Jack was mentioned by name. I really don't think that is a good sign...
But Mark knows way more than I do so again, I sure hope he is right.

I don't know a lot. Go over to the DSLReports MagicJack forum and post the story, and ask if the author got something wrong considering how MJ is different than other VOIP providers (being affiliated with a real CLEC). There are telephony people there who know more about this sort of thing.

Mark
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Give yourself credit Mark. You give more good advice on here than anyone...I.E. that means you kinda know stuff Smile

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: