Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to become administrator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Unable to become administrator

I have a T5710 256/256 1ghz TC and I am unable to log on as an administrator no matter what I do.
I followed your instructions about reflashing the XP and it does all that.

When I try to log on as an administrator it simply gives me an error code that I was unsucessefull.

I followed your instructions on setting up the TC but I could not get it to work. Sad
maine-iac
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Whose instructions are you referring to and at what point in the instructions does it not work?
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Administrator log in

It was one of the long explanations on how to use a magicjack with a thin client. After I flashed the new operating system and used the instruction o
f hold down the shift key and log off and then change the user from "user" to "administrator". It always comes back with the error message saying it was unable to log me on.. I have since ordered another memory 512 stick for it. Hoping that will allow me to use the magic jack with it.
I am still unable to change anything on the TC without administrator permission.

I am simply out of things to do to fix it.

I even went to HP's web site and it gives the exact same instructions.

Help
Thunder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject:

kinkydick wrote:
It was one of the long explanations on how to use a magicjack with a thin client. After I flashed the new operating system and used the instruction of hold down the shift key and log off and then change the user from "user" to "administrator". It always comes back with the error message saying it was unable to log me on.

Did you do the part after that. Go into the control panel and click on the HP logon Manger and change it in there. Default user name (Administrator) same with the password. And remember to do a commit after that.
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: No Administrator

No, I did not proceed to the control panel because the system would
would never allow me log in.

I still am unable to change to administrator after reflashing the drive.
Thunder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Well if you do this it should work. It worked for me and others as well. I just tried it on a new install and it works.

Gaining Administrator Access

1) To gain access to the Administrator account so you can make changes you’ll need to hold down the shift key and go to the Start button and select log off. Keep the shift key depressed and the TC will then present you with a normal log on box.

2) In this logon box enter Administrator as both user and password. The TC will then log in as Administrator.

3) Next go into control panel and go to the "HP Login Manager". Change the Default User Name to Administrator and the Default User Password to Administrator as well. Just leave the Default Domain blank for now and click OK.

4) Now go to the EWF Configuration in control panel and select “Commit Data to Volume”. This will make the changes to logon on as Administrator persist; otherwise if you just rebooted the TC would revert to the setting you had at the last boot up. This is what EWF is all about. Any changes you make are just temporary when EWF is running and do not get permanently entered into the c: flash drive’s data unless you instruct EWF to do so by committing data to the volume.
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Administrator

Well, I re-flashed the drive again and re-tried and again not able to log in as an administrator.
Does the Bios Password have anything to do with it??

I followed the instructions until where it said "while holding down the shift key after logging off the log in panel does not appear until I log off when it asks if "I am sure I want to log off"

Then it presents me with the log on panel. With User in the User space
and nothing in the pw space.

I try and log on as administrator as you suggest but receive a notice that says " The system could not log you on. Make sure the user & domain are correct"

I am presented with the option of either shut down or ok.
I have to shut down because at this point it keeps giving me the error notice.
I go to the control panel and I am unable to access anything of use.

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.
Does the TC have to be connected to the network??

I do get some kind of error after the HP logo comes on that says NDIS user mode IO has been blocked from accessing the net. and a bunch of other stuff . all.

I flashed the memory with sp29705 which I assume is for a TC5000 with 256/256 and 1g.

I am lost.
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Administrator

I also flashed the mem with the sp36064 to see if that would change it.
my unit is a T5710.

Does the Bios have anything to do with the password and user ???

Help
Thunder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I was just wondering. You are putting in Administrator in both the User space
and in the pw space. Also I hope you are doing it with Administrator and not lower case administrator. The Bios should be fine. I am not sure about the network errors. I wouldn't think it would matter.
kinkydick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Administrator

It worked!!!!!!!!!!! I was not typing the uppercase Administrator.

YEA!!!!!

Now all I have to do is get the magic jack to work.

I removed all the software I don't need and it still comes up with not enough memory to run all the windows.

I have ordered a 512 flash and a 1g ram so hopefully that will work.

Thanks for all your help..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: