magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to complete registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Unable to complete registration Reply with quote

I have been unable to compete the registration process. After I go through all the registration screens, I get the message, "Processing Request. This could take a couple of minutes." However, nothing happens after this. I finally end of closing that screen. I have contacted Magic Jack's customer service, and spent hours with them. But, they have been unable to help. I had just about given up when I found this forum, and I really hate to give up. Now I still have some hope. I know there is a solution to this.

When I press my landline phone's keypad, numbers appear on the magic jack phone display, but I have no dial tone. I have downloaded all the fixes from their website, and disabled/enabled/uninstalled/reinstalled programs on my pc to get the gadget to work. But still have been unsuccessful. My internet provider is Time Warner. I wonder if they have blocked something needed to make this work, since they offer phone service with monthly fees. Something else I cannot do which puzzles me. I can only chat with Magic Jack's tech support in Firefox, not Explorer.

Can anyone help?
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides not able to chat to MJ tech using IE, does IE work well in general with other websites? Or IE internet browsing is also blocked?
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I can't click on some JavaScript links. For example, on the customer care page of the Magic Jack web site, I can't click on any of the links that appear in the windows of the questions. But other than this, Explorer works fine elsewhere.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could fix this issue by downloading & install the latest Sun's Java,
select Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003 Offline from the following site, make sure you close all IE and Firefox browsers after downloading, then run the downloaded Java installation:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. You would think that would fix the problem, but for some reason it does not. However, is JavaScript not working in Explorer preventing magic jack from registering?
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ registration is through http (port 80) https (port 443) and SIP ports (5060, 5070). So the answer is no.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some anti-spyware/adware program like spyblaster or spybot will change your browser settings. When you register make sure you add these to your "Trusted Sites" in your IE browser

*.talk4free.com
*.magicjack.com

Last edited by gooney on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. How do I ensure that those ports are open to magic jack?
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I read about adding those sites in another post and did so. But the registration still did not go through, although I think this aided my configuration.
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it to work. Reloaded windows operating system and voi�l�! Works like a charm. Plugged phone cord from unit into a phone outlet and now I can place and receive calls from all my phones.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hwilli15 wrote:
Finally got it to work. Reloaded windows operating system and voi�l�! Works like a charm. Plugged phone cord from unit into a phone outlet and now I can place and receive calls from all my phones.

I bet if you had deleted your cache, cookies, empty temp folder and allow cookies for the sites mentioned above, it would probably worked.
thirty5tech
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooney wrote:
hwilli15 wrote:

I bet if you had deleted your cache, cookies, empty temp folder and allow cookies for the sites mentioned above, it would probably worked.

i would of have work if he did that, But a lot of people now in days thinking reinstalling Windows will fix the problem, Instead of looking for a solution, but other then that, Im glad to hear he got it up and running again .
hwilli15
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you guys offered that suggestion. It may help someone else having problems. However, I do those things as regular maintenance, and allowed cookies, etc. Actually, I allowed everything while trying to get it to work initially. Apparently some tweak I made to my configuration in the past, or maybe a software conflict was preventing the program from running properly. I borrowed a friend's laptop, and pluged in my magic jack, and the program was already registered. My pc was the problem. As a last resort....really hated to do that.....reloaded Windows. I read in this forum it had worked for others.

I would suggest to anyone that reads this, that if you have any suggestions, take a minute and post them, as these last posters did. It might help someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: