Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to deploy magicjackloader.exe Access is denied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiSkeptic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Unable to deploy magicjackloader.exe Access is denied

I have had my MagicJack for several months and it has worked flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. I began getting the following error message...

"Unable to deploy magicjackloader.exe Access is denied or file in use"

...All I end up with is the splash screen and a hung mjsetup.exe

I have cleared the running processes, unplugged and replugged the box, and scoured my PC for anything that might be a problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

AntiSkeptic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonestarmagic
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject:

Open task manager (control+alt+delete) and click the tab named processes.

Locate and end the following processes: UTSCSI, NEWNET_SETUP, MAGICJACK, and MAGICJACKLOADER. If one or several of these are not listed, do not worry.

Now unplug your magicJack, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.

If the above doesn't fix your issue, you might need to format your MJ drive, remove it and reinstall it. Sometimes the flash drive can get corrupted and you need to reformat it or delete the contents of the drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: