Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to hear ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Unable to hear ..

It's a new MJ and I know it works as it almost self installed on my EeePC. I have no problem with that netbook.

Now I've tried to install it on a Toshiba Satellite 64 bit using Vista and I'd like to get this to work as I want to take it out of the country with me.

The MJ can dial out and calls can come in however I'm not able to hear anyone at the other end although they're there.

HELP!!
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to hear ..

Winn wrote:
It's a new MJ and I know it works as it almost self installed on my EeePC. I have no problem with that netbook.

Now I've tried to install it on a Toshiba Satellite 64 bit using Vista and I'd like to get this to work as I want to take it out of the country with me.

The MJ can dial out and calls can come in however I'm not able to hear anyone at the other end although they're there.

HELP!!

Have you checked your settings?
Goto softphone, click Menu, click on volume/headset controls, check if your using tele or headset then adjust volume.

Also check your sounds under control panel, tab to hardware see if you have Tigerjet CD ROM USB device listed in it. Make sure all is working on the sound card itself.

Don't use the ext. cable for MJ, also plug it in the back usb port, or powered usb, and make sure in control panel, system then hardware, device manager go down to all the ROOT USB HUBS and make sure they are not checked for power saving.

Anything I missed, anyone please add. hope this helps.
Winn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: It was my firewall settings!

Although I was on the telephone for a long time with the Magic Jack techies I can't say enough good things about how I was treated.

We went through many steps, etc.

I use Bell Canada Secuity Services and although I had turned off the Firewall under Windows I had no idea there was also a setting on Bell's program too.

Finally, I turned the Firewall off on Bell's Security System but turned the Windows Firewall on (in the Control Panel) and everything now WORKS!
Winn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Thanks

Nighthawks,

I do appreciate your input too!

Those were all the steps that the techies at Magic Jack took me through and then, some.

Bonne nuit,
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks

Winn wrote:
Nighthawks,

I do appreciate your input too!

Those were all the steps that the techies at Magic Jack took me through and then, some.

Bonne nuit,

Sure thing Bonne. glad you got it figured out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: