Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to make calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheryl522
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Unable to make calls

This started about 3 days ago, whenever I try to make a telephone call it tells me that in order to make this call I must use the area code.
I do use the area code for every phone call I make.

I have restarted the computer numerous times but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to resolve it. It's getting quite annoying!!

Thanks!!
Cheryl522
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject:

To add to the above thread, we've had magic jack for over 2 years and being unable to make calls just started the other day.

Also, my husband call me at home and said the phone souns garbbled.

Thanks!!
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject:

This happened to me a couple of days after the 8/2 upgrade.

The call logs in the softphone were showing skipped numbers for all of the bad calls (11digit US dialing). I unplugged mj out of one of the USB hub slots and put it in another and the problem went away as all 11 digits were entered successfully according to the softphone.

Probably has nothing to do with the upgrade and is just a coincidence but try using another USB slot and/or another slot from your powered hub (which you should be using to avoid all of the garbling sounds).

Hope this helps!

Synchron Cool
pikotski
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Please restart your modem and router (if you are using one) for 3 minutes.

Please click on the link to download and run the upgrade: http://upgrades.magicJack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

Please click the “Start” button then click “Run” then type “dxdiag.exe” and let it run then restart the magicJack afterwards.

Please unplug your magicjack and plug it back after 1 minute.

If this will not work:
It is possible that a nationwide network issue, a telecommunications system error or other issue or condition of use may disconnect your call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: