Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to Register - Tried Multiple Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whereisthemagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Unable to Register - Tried Multiple Times

I'm a little miffed.. I've tried to register a new magicjack plus more than 4 times now, using two different credit cards and two different accounts and it goes through, gives me a phone number, but the order is NEVER processed. It never shows up in my account and I never receive any emails from magic jack. This is quite a ridiculous process.

I've contacted support several times.. The first time they tell me it is my credit card info. This is of course after I've gone through the entire process, have an order number and phone number etc. I tried again double checking it to no avail.

I contact support again and they tell me they are upgrading the system.. I wait 5 hours or so and try again for the third time with a different credit card. I contact support and they are of course clueless. So I wait until the next day (today) and try again, different account that I created with the 2nd credit card and same thing.

Quite honestly, if you own stock in CALL, think about selling it. The customer support is atrocious, the registration process doesn't work, their system doesn't even track that there is an order. God forbid they would take my money.

Vent over. Twisted Evil
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Where are you and is it credit or debit card you use?
whereisthemagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject:

Pilot wrote:
Where are you and is it credit or debit card you use?

I purchased the magic jack on a whim right before going on a trip to South America, so I tried to register it when out of the country. I was trying to pay with 2 different USA based credit cards (Mastercard and Amex).

In the years that I've been travelling and purchasing things online while out of the country I've only ever had an issue with 1 purchase at dnsmadeeasy.com (they have good customer service and it wasn't an issue) which I was required to use a VPN or Remote Desktop into a USA based server.

The weird thing is that even though I went through the entire process, the order is never processes.. It doesn't show up in the account, doesn't have status, I never receive an email from magic jack however the process does complete at least in the registration program.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject:

From memory, it can only be registered from within USA / Canada.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject:

Pilot wrote:
From memory, it can only be registered from within USA / Canada.

Wrong!!!
whereisthemagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject:

Whether true or not, I've contacted customer service 5 times and nobody has mentioned that to me nor have they even emailed me back after informing me they've created a ticket for "upper management".
whereisthemagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject:

Just a quick update.. It has now been 4 weeks and everytime I contact magicjack they say their upper management is working on it.. I'm about to file a complaint at the BBB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: