Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to send or receive Fax with MJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
music_lover1966
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Unable to send or receive Fax with MJ

Hi. I have a Canon MX850 4 in 1 printer/fax/scanner/copier a few months old. I have set the send/receive transmission speed to the lowest setting (2400) and disabled the ecm (Error Communiction mode) to off, yet I still can't receive or send a fax. Any suggestions? I am at a loss.

I have all sorts of problems with MJ so far for the last 7 weeks, and this is the last straw. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Sad
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to send or receive Fax with MJ

music_lover1966 wrote:
Hi. I have a Canon MX850 4 in 1 printer/fax/scanner/copier a few months old. I have set the send/receive transmission speed to the lowest setting (2400) and disabled the ecm (Error Communiction mode) to off, yet I still can't receive or send a fax. Any suggestions? I am at a loss.

I have all sorts of problems with MJ so far for the last 7 weeks, and this is the last straw. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Sad

Have you done a qualitative analysis of your internet connection?

try

www.testmyvoip.com
http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/

let us know your results
music_lover1966
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: VOIP TEST CONNECTION

MY JITTER WAS 0.9 - GOOD QUALITY
MY PACKET LOSS WAS 0%
MY MOS CONNECTION SCORE WAS 4.0

MY ISP IS COX

NOW WHAT???
JamesS
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject:

You might want to try adjusting your volume settings for the phone under the menu tab
music_lover1966
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: What does Adjusting volume have to do with Fax transmittal?

I'm not sure how adjusting the volume in MJ helps the fax transmit...Can you explain? Thanks.
talldrinkowater
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject:

A couple of questions.

Is your fax machine attached directly to the MJ?

Do you have any extension lines coming off your fax machine?

I have a Brother MFC 3450 fax/printer/copier attached directly to my MJ. If I have the cordless phone attached to the extension out on my fax machine, I get a "poor line condition" message upon outgoing faxes.

When I disconnect the cordless phone from the fax machine, my faxes go through without any problems. I do have the microphone turned all the way up in the MJ software.

I hope that is helpful.
BlackmagicBoy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hi

Do not run any programs when using Fax Machine on MJ and take if still will not work try using AC powered USB hub Click Here http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=ac+powered+usb+hub to find out note: not all of the Fax Machine brand will work on MJ.

Magicjack did not officially recommend using fax on the device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: