magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unable to use magicjack all of a suden,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsiric
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: unable to use magicjack all of a suden, Reply with quote

Just recently when Magijack starts i get the following:
Win32\loodok!generic.2 Allert and it keeps repeating,nothing else happens.When i try to update the same thing happens.I think this started after a normal automatic windows update .ANY IDEAS how to correct this problem.

PS: when i check for viruses it does not find any,but the message almost sound like a virus.
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: unable to use magicjack all of a suden, Reply with quote

jsiric wrote:
Just recently when Magijack starts i get the following:
Win32\loodok!generic.2 Allert and it keeps repeating,nothing else happens.When i try to update the same thing happens.I think this started after a normal automatic windows update .ANY IDEAS how to correct this problem.

PS: when i check for viruses it does not find any,but the message almost sound like a virus.

Are you who i think you are? lol... This has nothing to do with MagicJack... You are better off at an antivirus forum...That Win32\loodok!generic.2 alert can popup with any program you execute.

go here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ for a full free scan of your pc and report back, if you dont see Win32\loodok!generic.2 then it is a false positive. What kind of antivirus software are you running?
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a virus or malware. Do a google search
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsiric, it is not a virus. I had the same thing happen yesterday. Appently some of the update files do not play well with some AV software. After spending all evening with this the solution was simple. Unplug your MJ and disable your AV software. Replug your mj back up and it should boot normally. My AV was deleting these files apon detection and MJ must have them to start. If you can exclude these files do so and you shouldn't have any problems after. I use CA Associates EZ antivirus and can snooze my AV so I snooze for about 3 minutes and reboot the jack. Mine worked just fine and when my AV woke back up I had no problems as these are TMP files which are removed upon boot-up.
Just for curiosity what AV software do you use?
Once again this is NOT a virus. Hope this helps as I think we'll probably see some more of this issue.

Update:
I just returned from a Google search and found a forum topic stating it was a false positive and the AV software in question was from CA Associates.
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the update not playing well with the antivirus, I'd do two things. First, I would ask my antivirus support about how to make the two get along. If that doesn't work, maybe MagicJack needs to do some work on their update file. If all else fails, switch antivirus software until the problem gets resolved. That's how I reconciled my McAffee vs. MagicJack issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: