Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unistall UTSCSI.EXE/ USB process at boot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalnomad
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Unistall UTSCSI.EXE/ USB process at boot

I think I have seen this in the forum...is there a way to uninstall the process UTSCSI.EXE and still have MagicJack work? Tech Chat told me that this is integral to running MJ software properly, but I don't believe it.

I think it has something to do with the the USB. It makes my computer run slow and sometimes hangs up at startup, or when I boot up first thing. I would like to get rid of it all together if possible.

Last edited by digitalnomad on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject:

DigitalNomad,

You can use Autoruns by M$ to delete the startup entry and then go into System32 and delete the file. But watch out for me it keeps coming back, not right away but sooner or later there it is again.

I don't know what MagicJack claims but my MJ works just fine without it.

This it the link to get autoruns - it is great and is owned by M$. once you open it it will list everything that autostarts and you will be amazed at the amount of stuff. Use Autoruns search to find UTSCSI, delete the entry that starts it and then go delete the file itself.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Hope you can figure a way to keep it from coming back.
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Delete UTSCSI.exe and Disable CLCVO as a Service

I did this tonight and tested it. I have posted this elsewhere, and it works OK.

Control+Alt+Delete > Task Manager and then end the process UTSCSI.exe
Then go to: Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services and set the service CLCVO to Disabled.

Shut Down>Reboot and check Task Manager again. Delete the process UTCSI.exe
again if it still appears in the list. Do it at your own risk.

That sucker is gone...
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject:

Digitalnomad,

What is the service "CLCVO" ? Is it part of MJ?
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Could not tell you for sure. If you search this forum for either term, you will see that it does not seem integral to making MJ function. My jack is running fine. These two files were messing up my booting, and hanging other processes up. I just wanted to get rid of it.

You do need it and UTSCSI.exe to run MagicJack as a service in the background. That is one of the sticky post subjects. There also is a way to trick your computer by creating and naming a text file UTSCSI.exe and then making it read only. Just use the "search" at the top of the forum page.
ruggb
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject:

i had an issue where if I killed the autorun process MJ would start.

I think installing the MAC update solved that problem, but I can't remember exactly because I think it solved about 3 problems

try it - I'm on an XP machine.
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the info. I saw your other post. Once again, that is some pretty nutty tech stuff there (MAC fix on XP). I prefer to just have it terminated, deleted, gone...
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

digitalnomad,

Just try quiting, once that damn MAC update starts your only option it to "Crash out" and then reinstall the Vista update in hopes that it fixes WHATEVER the MAC thing did to you.

Mad

Last edited by HolmanGT on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mjack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject:

digitalnomad wrote:
Thanks for the info. I saw your other post. Once again, that is some pretty nutty tech stuff there (MAC fix on XP). I prefer to just have it terminated, deleted, gone...

I had the same problem and I have been trouble shooting for a week. I also had to reformat my PC to see if my MagicJack would auto start upon startup. But that didn't solve the problem. I had to edit UTSCSI.exe from the said quote in this forum to make it a dummy app but that didn't work either.

My problem was everytime I start my computer, MagicJack won't auto start, even if I click the desktop icon, it wont start, it just hang's my computer, but everytime I end the process UTSCSI.exe in task manager, the jack will start normaly. I have done magicfix, vista upgrade, and upgrade.exe but still no help. deleting UTSCSI in sysytem folder didn't do the trick. It just keeps coming back in every restart of my computer. I also did REGEDIT, system configs, etc... but still had the same problem.

Smile Thanks to ruggb... Smile the only post that helped my problem. Updating my MagicJack to Mac upgrade did help in the autostart of the magicJack.

I Just hope magicJack tech support would see this problem soon and update the upgrade to the correct bugs and fixes. By the way I am using winXP pro.
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Well...my problem was solved already, per my second post in this thread. I have deleted and terminated UTSCSI.exe
and CLCVO forever, never to return. I did not run the MAC fix, nor do I plan to. I have no need to do this.

Last edited by digitalnomad on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Mjack,

First I am glad you got your MJ autostarting. Most people on XP don't have any problems with MJ but with my Vista I keep going around in circles trying to get it to auto start.

But the worst problem I have is trying to get it to start in Telephone mode on Vista. It wants to come up in headset mode and will not let me change to telephone mode. That is from a cold (off) start. during reboot it does not manifest this problem.

My work-around is to take my handset off hook lay it on the desk and then restart windows, doing this usually makes it come up in Telephone mode, have no idea what or why, just know that it works for me.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:

digitalnomad wrote:
Well...my problem was solved already, per my second post in this thread. I have deleted and terminated UTSCSI.exe
and CLCVO forever, never to return. I did not run the MAC fix, nor do I plan to. I have no need to do this.

Well just as soon as I get my caffeine level up (OK I am a late riser) I am going to implement your solution.

Every time I do a search for the infamous UTSCI all I ever find is debates about whether it is a virus or not. Some how that just makes me uncomfortable with whatever it is or does. Rolling Eyes

[Edit]
Well just for completeness I am posting my current UTCSI/CLCVO adventure status. First it is sticking this time but I do not know why. I prevented UTCSI from loading using M$'s Autoruns, I then disabled the CLCVO service (I believe this is started by UTCSI) using Computer Management.
So it is all still in-place just none of it gets executed or run as a service. The strange part is I have done this a Gazillion times (OK, OK so I am prone to exaggerate) and it kept coming back however this time (knock on wood) it is staying off and out of service, whatever that service may have been.
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject:

Yep, told you that it works. I think it is the best solution that I have seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: