Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unscrupulous charges made by MJ to credit card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ustechie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Unscrupulous charges made by MJ to credit card

I need help--- I tried renewing my MJ last night to beat the rate increase even though I am not up for renewal until April. Anyway, I tried renewing and kept getting this error message-- unable to process payment method. I contacted the chat line and spoke to several people a few times because the problem never got resolved. It still hasn't even after several release forms filled and sent and then this morning I found out that my credit card put a HOLD on my card because of 18!!!! transactions made by MJ. I contacted MJ again and they still kept telling me the same thing, fill out the release form and they said that there was no charges made on my account but the credit card company said all 18 charges were approved! Can anyone help me with this predicament? Is there any way to get in touch with anybody in command or even the owner in order to solve this problem? MJ has charged $362.78 into my credit card when all I ever wanted was to renew for 1 year.HELP!!!!!!!!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Unscrupulous charges made by MJ to credit card

ustechie wrote:
I need help--- I tried renewing my MJ last night to beat the rate increase even though I am not up for renewal until April. Anyway, I tried renewing and kept getting this error message-- unable to process payment method. I contacted the chat line and spoke to several people a few times because the problem never got resolved. It still hasn't even after several release forms filled and sent and then this morning I found out that my credit card put a HOLD on my card because of 18!!!! transactions made by MJ. I contacted MJ again and they still kept telling me the same thing, fill out the release form and they said that there was no charges made on my account but the credit card company said all 18 charges were approved! Can anyone help me with this predicament? Is there any way to get in touch with anybody in command or even the owner in order to solve this problem? MJ has charged $362.78 into my credit card when all I ever wanted was to renew for 1 year.HELP!!!!!!!!

There are these other methods to contact them which may or may not be active:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-to-contact-magicjack-t10336.html

Looks like every time you tried to renew it went through. I would 2 things if I was you. First I would go to your "mymagicjack" page and see what expiration date they are showing for your subscription. If it's 18 years from now, they have credited you will all 18 charges. If it's a year from now, they obviously only credited you with 1 charge. Second, if you were extended at least 1 year, I would put the other 17 charges into dispute with the CC company ASAP. If they have not extended it at all, I would put all 18 into dispute.
couch-potato
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject:

First - regarding the one year extension:

My credit card was also "unable to process". This is the email they sent me:

Quote:
If you are receiving an error message to "Enter a new credit card" please log into your account at my.magicjack.com, click the "Add Payment Method" button under the "My Account" tab, select the "Add New Address" from the drop down and enter your exact billing address and credit card information.

My last name was different than the one on my card, and my address that MagicJack had on file did not have the postal code. Once I changed the name and address, then the card payment was processed properly.

Second - regarding the additional charges

I also had additional charges because of the failed attempts to process the payment. My card was also placed on hold. MagicJack would likely reverse the unsuccessful attempts before you received your statement, but contact your credit card company to inform them, request that the failed attempts be reversed, and request that the hold be lifted.
rexlan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I had a similar issue (with NetTalk) and about a week later I had almost $5000 in charges all over Europe. Apparently someone had hacked the system and sucked off the CC numbers. In so doing it "looked" like the transactions did not complete. I tried about 3 times then got suspicious.

As others said: Dispute the charges pronto and then get access to your account and watch for activity. The CC company is actually doing you a service to temporary suspend the card.

Talking to the CS agents is almost a waste of time. When the charges are reversed the proper folks will get involved.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I am an existing customer with magicJack. I was trying to renew it last week to avail the original price but was getting the error "oracle magicjack_live" something like that. The support let me double check my CC info and enter the up-to-date billing address to my MJ accoun (my.magicJack.com) and BINGO, it worked after 5 times of attempts to renew the service. When I checked my online account, I found 6 pending charges on it. I chatted back the support regarding these amounts. They told me that I'll be only charged once and not 6 times. The other 5 pending amounts will be dropped off back to my account (THANKS). Good thing it happened after 48 hours. I didn't make a dispute with my CC company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: