Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Update without the dongle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agit
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Update without the dongle

Hello everyone,
Is there a way to update without the dongle ? my dongle is broken I am unable to get the update or make a call since last week.
Would someone please post the updated majicjack folders that contain the updated application only without the serial number this way PPL without the dongle will update the software by copying these folder into their c drive
Thanks
ksojerio
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Update without the dongle

agit wrote:
Hello everyone,
Is there a way to update without the dongle ? my dongle is broken I am unable to get the update or make a call since last week.
Would someone please post the updated majicjack folders that contain the updated application only without the serial number this way PPL without the dongle will update the software by copying these folder into their c drive
Thanks

I never use the dongle. Just plug it into one of your USB ports like you would any type of thumb drive. Go to MJ website and click on the upgrade now button.
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I believe what he is saying is that the dongle is broken so for him plugging it in is prolly not possible.
agit
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reply

The dongle is broken just hope for a way to upgrade without the dongle or please please someone post the folder with update file just the software not the serial # etc.. because the software part is the same use by all of us thanks again
ksojerio
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject:

antman1 wrote:
I believe what he is saying is that the dongle is broken so for him plugging it in is prolly not possible.

OK. Maybe I am confused....isn't the dongle the silvery cord that came with my MJ? I have never used it. If that is what is broken, you can still use the MJ. I do. I just plug it into a USB port.

NOw, if the MJ thrumb drive with the glowing blue light is what you call a dongle, and that is what is broken, then you are up the creek...
agit
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Anyone please zip and post the MJ updated folder
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject:

From Wikipedia:

"A dongle is a small piece of hardware that connects to a computer or laptop.[1] It is a portable device and is often identical in appearance to a USB Pen. Although earlier use of dongles was to authenticate a piece of software, the word dongle is now widely used to refer to a broadband wireless adaptor.[2][3]"

..so I guess he's up the creek by now. The silvery cord is just an extension cable.

Synchron Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: