Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Updated MJ block list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Updated MJ block list

I saw this on another forum and thought the people here should have this.

http://typewith.me/pdoGh5rvgf

Again this isn't mine.. The author says he will update it as often as he can.
Looks like if it is updated much more our MJ's will be a pretty blue lighted paper weight
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the majority is in the eastern time zone, with a few exceptions. Good grief.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey, what happened to the guy whose sister is a lawyer and was gonna sue so they couldn't block any numbers? Looks like she has her work cut out for her.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Darkman90808 wrote:
Hey, what happened to the guy whose sister is a lawyer and was gonna sue so they couldn't block any numbers? Looks like she has her work cut out for her.

Probably just another wanna be on here, huh?
All bark..... IF it is the person I am thinking about. I could be wrong, as we have had our fair share on here!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Nah, you're thinking of the right person.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Looks like the majority is in the eastern time zone

Well, there are other time zones there hit, especially Central.
I do not notice much of this because I never call any of those areas and I guess that this applies to the vast majority of MJ users.
MJ should have it's own list, but that's the way Dan does business.
Simply use a long distance company with MJ for those locations, like I use a LD company for international calls with MJ( no, I do not buy MJ minutes for that.)
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that's why I mentioned "with a few exceptions". But it does look like eastern/central have more than the western states. It's moving this way slowly though.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject:

Updated Blocked Number List

nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Updated Blocked Number List

Yea, someone was just adding 2 Florida exchanges, I tried them both one appeared to be blocked and the other was fine. I then went into the listing itself, found 2 other Florida exchanges and they were both working fine.

I'm sure some of these numbers are only being blocked for a short time, or there could be some other issue going on. But it makes you wonder how effective any listing is going to be when no one is reporting back that they are not being blocked anymore so that the exchange is taken off the list.

It will look pretty silly if at some point they send in a list to someone important and 90% of them are working.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Good point.................
buzzwood
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Florida Exchanges

I am the one who reported the 2 Florida exchanges. I have been trying these 2 prefixes for 2 days now with no connections. The (941) 861-XXXX gives me total silence. There are no busy signals or recordings just silence. So I assumed it was also being blocked. But I called a (941) 235-XXXX number today and received the same silence. After trying the number about 10 times, I received an incoming call, from the business I was trying to call, asking me why I kept calling and hanging up. They could hear me just fine. On my end there was no ringing or sound. So I must now assume these are 2 seperate issues. For me this just started a few days ago. Sorry about the mix up. I will post back to the original forum so that the list will hopefully be corrected.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Florida Exchanges

buzzwood wrote:
I am the one who reported the 2 Florida exchanges. I have been trying these 2 prefixes for 2 days now with no connections. The (941) 861-XXXX gives me total silence. There are no busy signals or recordings just silence. So I assumed it was also being blocked. But I called a (941) 235-XXXX number today and received the same silence. After trying the number about 10 times, I received an incoming call, from the business I was trying to call, asking me why I kept calling and hanging up. They could hear me just fine. On my end there was no ringing or sound. So I must now assume these are 2 seperate issues. For me this just started a few days ago. Sorry about the mix up. I will post back to the original forum so that the list will hopefully be corrected.

Hell it's not your fault......... With all the crap MJ is doing these days hard to keep up what is what when one calls anyone!!!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Florida Exchanges

buzzwood wrote:

I posted there first so you will see more info there. I have a 941 area code so I was concerned that the blocking was now in my neighborhood, which would be TOTALLY unacceptable. Shocked
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I have a 941 area code so I was concerned that the blocking was now in my neighborhood, which would be TOTALLY unacceptable.

People should test it numerous times with different ISP providers/equipment before they put it on that list, otherwise it will be worthless in no time.
A bit of common sense does not hurt. Sarasota is certainly nothing like Miami metro area, but it is not Zilch, ND either. I do not see any reason for permanent blocking there. If MJ started blocking numbers in major states/metro areas, it would be it's quick end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: