Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Updated version on how to use MJ without dongle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XMotoX
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Updated version on how to use MJ without dongle?

http://phoneservicesupport.com/easy-way-to-use-magicjack-without-usb-dongle-t2640.html

I'll be referring to this thread.

The instructions say to copy the magicJack folder and a folder called "mjusbsp"... Well there is neither folder. If I copy the actual drive, yes it copies the files to a folder called "magicJack" but the latter folder does not exist. This must be due to an updated version of the MJ...

The thread also mentions "magicJackLoader.exe". This also does not exist. There is only "autoruns".

So is there an updated way to do this? The method mentioned in this thread is out of date.
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated version on how to use MJ without dongle?

XMotoX wrote:
http://phoneservicesupport.com/easy-way-to-use-magicjack-without-usb-dongle-t2640.html

So is there an updated way to do this? The method mentioned in this thread is out of date.

Maybe you could try it and see if you can help the rest of us?
Razz
threepwood
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated version on how to use MJ without dongle?

XMotoX wrote:

The instructions say to copy the magicJack folder and a folder called "mjusbsp"... Well there is neither folder. If I copy the actual drive, yes it copies the files to a folder called "magicJack" but the latter folder does not exist. This must be due to an updated version of the MJ...

The thread also mentions "magicJackLoader.exe". This also does not exist. There is only "autoruns".

Hey, I thought I had exactly the same problem. My MJ is new, less than 1 month old. Turned out the reason I could not find these files is that they are hidden and my explorer & search were BOTH still set up to NOT show hidden files. Once I changed this setting all the files appeared and I was just able to get it going on my laptop without the dongle. One more point, I strongly suggest you put the files where he states on the C drive and then just copy and paste the target from the post. I tried to hand type it in and that didn't work for me. Did it over copy & paste and it works fine. Also don't forget his additional comment about stopping processes, it's about 5 or 6 posts down in the thread. Good Luck.
XMotoX
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks threepwood!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: