Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Updating Systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msamandajayne
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Updating Systems

Hello!

I had just finished a call and when I had gone 15 minutes to make another call I noticed that on the softphone I was logged out and it said Please connect to the internet and double click here. When I click I got another window that said we're sorry.. we are in the process of updating our systems. Please try again later.

Is anyone else getting this message?
DrPacman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating Systems

There will be lots of funky situations throughout today, and I might even suspect tomorrow with your magicJack system.

Seems they are revamping all their databases anticipating a roll-out of a new service. And it looks like a new roll-out of the software client is being pushed down to users today as well…

Regards,
DrPacman

msamandajayne wrote:
Hello!

I had just finished a call and when I had gone 15 minutes to make another call I noticed that on the softphone I was logged out and it said Please connect to the internet and double click here. When I click I got another window that said we're sorry.. we are in the process of updating our systems. Please try again later.

Is anyone else getting this message?
English_Jean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re Updating systems

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Started today but not sure when. It's been more than half an hour now even though the note on the softphone mentions an update in 60 seconds. Sad
English_Jean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re Updating systems

Talked to Magic Jack customer service. For once they were on the ball. Just have to unplug the dongle for 20 secs and reinstall. Dial tone is back Very Happy
DrPacman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Re Updating systems

You were very fortunate indeed… I spent 2 hours on the support system, and still have no resolution to my loss of contacts problem… 86 Contacts now must be reinstalled one at a time…. NOT happy at all Crying or Very sad

DrPacman

English_Jean wrote:
Talked to Magic Jack customer service. For once they were on the ball. Just have to unplug the dongle for 20 secs and reinstall. Dial tone is back Very Happy
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Loss Contacts List

Hi all:

Any way to get back my contact list after sys upgrades today? Someone posted that have to reinstall them manually. Not too happy with this.
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject:

Since they're messing with their database, I doubt we'll get our contacts and call lists back.
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Contact list

tsmith wrote:
Since they're messing with their database, I doubt we'll get our contacts and call lists back.

Hope ur wrong Sad
Mimon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject:

I lost my saved #'s too,they wiped them out without any kind of prompt or warning,or else i would've copied them down...I am steamed! Mad
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: System Upgrades: Lost contact list

Mimon wrote:
I lost my saved #'s too,they wiped them out without any kind of prompt or warning,or else i would've copied them down...I am steamed! Mad

Yea! MJ should have provided 'us" with some type of notice that they would be making upgrades or made it clear to backup your contact list etc.

BTW I went through on line support and was told that once "improvements" were made that contact list "will" be restored. Yea right!
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Contact list

rlbumich wrote:
tsmith wrote:

Hope ur wrong Sad

I hope I'm wrong too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: