Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Upgrade backed out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Upgrade backed out!

It appears that users are now being downgraded to http://upgrade.talk4free.com/upgrade/20071221000000/upgrade.exe .

If you are having trouble with the upgrade, restart your MJ and it should download this automatically. Or, you can install it yourself.

If you modified your hosts file to prevent upgrades, you will of course have to undo that first.
Nytefire
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Good to know, thanks Stewart!
Taken83oveR
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Now I am showing "zero" 911 info at the bottom. Just a black area there, where the info used to be.
FFearr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Taken83oveR wrote:
Now I am showing "zero" 911 info at the bottom. Just a black area there, where the info used to be.

Same here, I don't see any 911 info on the bottom.
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Taken83oveR wrote:

At the risk of being called a "Me Tooer", well, er, me too. Smile
bradbuser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Does this mean the folks running MJ on t5700's are back to business as usual? Or at least until they feel the need to jack (pun intended) with it again.
snowigloo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy GREAT my spoofer works now. THANKS
lcompton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Please Confirm That This Retro-grade Is Thin Client-Safe

Good evening.

Would someone who uses a Hewlett Packard T5710 Thin Client and has allowed the magicJack-initiated retro-grade to install kindly confirm that the retro-grade is safe and their Thin Client/magicJack telephony server still functions without any headaches?

Verizon upgraded my Internet connection today and I got a bit too creative on my network and put in many more computer hours than I otherwise would have. I'm sort of burnt out for today. If the magicJack retro-grade is painless, I may make that my last computer adventure for the day.

Thank you,

Lisa Smile
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I can confirm no 911 info at the bottom of my softphone on either the upgrade, or the subsequent downgrade upgrade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bneuman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Confirm That This Retro-grade Is Thin Client-Safe

lcompton wrote:
Good evening.

Would someone who uses a Hewlett Packard T5710 Thin Client and has allowed the magicJack-initiated retro-grade to install kindly confirm that the retro-grade is safe and their Thin Client/magicJack telephony server still functions without any headaches?

Verizon upgraded my Internet connection today and I got a bit too creative on my network and put in many more computer hours than I otherwise would have. I'm sort of burnt out for today. If the magicJack retro-grade is painless, I may make that my last computer adventure for the day.

Thank you,

Lisa Smile

I'm using a t5700 and a t5720. I can confirm that the roll back on the t5700 is working fine just like before the new and improved update. The only issue is on the softphone where the 911 address should be its solid black...

bill
lcompton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: The magicJack Retro-grade: To Do -- Or, Not To Do...

Good evening, gentlemen.

I appreciate your responses. I'm kind of petered out. It's 2120 here and between last evening's magicJack upgrade drama and today's creative networking w/Lisa adventure, I'm pretty much spent. I'm going to leave the retro-grade for tomorrow when I return home from the office.

As for 911, I wish I could opt out of it permanently.

Thank you,

Lisa Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: