Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
upgrade broke mj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: upgrade broke mj

Mj was working fine until they shoved upgrade down my throat.

Now, if I plug in or hit autorun, it just runs the upgrade again, says I haven't plugged it in and dies.

I had to buy a new usb card because of their bad reg entry and tired affinity to old usb ports. Now this. crap.

I need my $59 back to put toward a ooma. Cause I know wiping it and running upgrade aint going to help it. It is some crap they forgot to wipe from registry and broke hell out of it. Tired of problems and only tap tap support.

They need a message board or email support. We don't have hours trying same old crap over and oover.
enjoythemusic
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade broke mj

Upgrade broke mine too

If you use the SEARCH function here and look up NO SERIAL NUMBER PASSED thread you will see the saga.

Looks like they CAN fix it! See:

www.phoneservicesupport.com/no-serial-number-passed-t6487-15.html
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject:

It broke mine today too. Now I rebooted, MJ goes to start then tells me it's upgrading then tells me Warning plug MJ into USB, which of course it is.

I contacted "support" which told me he was refreshing my connection to the MJ servers on his end, told me to unplug cable modem and router, wait 3 minutes, then start upgrade again.

Tried that, still get told that MJ is not plugged into the USB.

WTH?

Resolution: They stopped pumping out the upgrade later that afternoon. Once they stopped pushing the upgrade, the MJ reinstalled like it should and has been working fine. So I've got my MJ back (un-upgraded) and working fine. If they push that same upgrade out again and it messes up MJ again, I'm done with it.

Last edited by City Builder on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alesana
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Try to turn of your anti-virus' and Internet Security suite's firewall. Then run the upgrade from their site manually.. It could be that the upgrade is not going through because it is being blocked by those firewalls that I mentioned.. Just an advice.. There's nothing to loose..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: fan blade sound

Got back from vacation. Still down, upgrades didn't work, working new and old upgrade. I did a format of the usb card, then ran upgrade again. Fixed. Now, this verifies the problem is on their software.

Now problem with new software is sound becomes like talking into a fan. Very regular and rapid garble, not network related at all. This happens after 2 or three calls in middle of call. The unacceptable work around is to restart mj via menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: