Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Upgrade? MJ 888 number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Upgrade? MJ 888 number

Strange happening tonight. All of a sudden my MJ seemed to have died (i.e., no blue light). I tried removing and reinserting the dongle - no joy. OK - reboot. Blue light comes back on! But as the machine was coming up I get the green "lucky you" MJ splash - upgrade time. Damn..... Then I get a strange message I've never seen before telling me that MJ had a problem connecting to the internet and from another phone I should CALL their tech support. The number given was 888-230-0060.

But before I got to call it, the connection succeeded and I supposedly got an upgrade. However, I can't find anything that changed. All of my MJ executables are from the Dec 2008 upgrade.

Has anyone gotten an upgrade? Has anyone ever seen this 888 number for tech support?? In calling the number I get a full mailbox after it told me I had reached "extension" 561-945-5200.
cdwaldron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject:

Isn't that the number they were giving out last October when they did that rash of cutting of users for 'excessive' use? You could still receive calls but couldn't call outbound with out $$$$in your account to pay 1.9 cents per minute?

Edit: Oops. I Lie. The number for the above mentioned scenario was
214-884-5142. Sorry Embarassed
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject:

that's peculiar...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: