Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
USB Device Not Recognized? Try This!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NetheRealm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: USB Device Not Recognized? Try This!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove magicjack from usb then slowly reinsert it a little bit at a time until you see your working in background busy mouse cursor appear. This means the magicjack drives have opened in My Computer and you can now click the magicjack icon to start it. Magicjack will not work on my pc if I simply shove it all the way in to the slot. I have to push it almost all the way in & stop wait 2 seconds & then it works. This exact same problem may be happening to many users when they try to get the PC to install the usb device. I often get the USB Device Not Recognized error I simply unplug it & retry inserting it slowly until it engages & it works EVERY TIME. Everyone who is having this kind of trouble needs to try this.
MagicJackLover101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: USB Device Not Recognized? Try This!!!!!!!!!!!!

NetheRealm, sounds like u have a Motherboard issues.

There's a lot of free software you can use to check this out. google USB Command Verifier and Try it:

USB Command Verifier
Version 1.3.2
Release Notes
April 22, 2008

USB Command Verifier
USB Command Verifier (USBCV) is a new tool that replaces the old USBCheck. This tool has only been tested on Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all updates applied.
This tool requires that Microsoft XML (MSXML) be installed on your computer. It has been tested with MSXML 3.0 (Service Pack 5 and Service Pack 7), MSXML 4.0 (Service Pack 2), and MSXML 6.0. There is a known issue with MSXML 4.0 (Service Pack 1) (see below for details).
You will need a browser to view the results of the test.
This version of the tool requires that you have at least one EHCI compliant USB 2.0 host controller card in your system. Further, to test full and low speed hubs/devices a USB2.0 HUB is required.
A description of the tests that USBCV performs is provided in the USB Command Verifier Compliance Test Specification.
This version of the tool supports the use of mouse and keyboard plugged directly into the root ports of the USB 2.0 host controller on your system
grw
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for a good tip. Anything is worth trying at this point. I followed your directions precisely, but unfortunately no go.

"Removable Disk" comes up briefly in "My Computer" window, but then disappears and the windows doesn't recognize USB device error message appears in the tray. I was able to click on Removable Disk to see what that would do before it disappeared, but nothing happens.

I really wished this would have worked. I think the MJ itself has died.

By the way, MagicJack, true to their word, sent me a replacement. I installed it and it is up and running just fine even with XP Pro SP3 on my desktop and XP Home SP2 on my notebook. No problems. I have no issues with either my firewall, virus protection, router/switcher, or DSL modem.
MagicJackLover101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject:

That goes back to my original theory..lol

If It ain't broke Don't fix it...lol
ks78
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: solution for magic jack usb not recognized by computer

After talking to magic jack tech support for more than an hour and reading all forums for about a week, I finally got it fixed. Initially magic jack was not recognized by my computer but now after trying the following, its working real good.

* Right click on My Computer
* Go to Properties
* Click on Hardware tab
* Then click Device Manager
* Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
* Find USB composite device

I found a yellow mark with a exclamatory sign on USB composite device. It means the USB composite device is not enabled or active. So right click on it and uninstall.

Then restart your computer and now magic jack works like magic.
sammyyummy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: usb

Hi

When i plug in my new MJ replacement, my mac recognizes it. However, as soon as i click the pop up MJ icon on the screen, the MJ usb vanishes from my hardware list

HELP
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: usb

sammyyummy wrote:
Hi

When i plug in my new MJ replacement, my mac recognizes it. However, as soon as i click the pop up MJ icon on the screen, the MJ usb vanishes from my hardware list

HELP

Just a suggestion, you might want to post this in the Mac section..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: