magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Wireless Mouse and Power Distribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tahwos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: USB Wireless Mouse and Power Distribution Reply with quote

I posted this topic once before, but a server crash happened around the same time, and it was lost. I have since found a solution and am re-posting to share with everyone else.

Problem: MagicJack audio quality is compromised (Charlie Brown Voices) if a USB wireless mouse is plugged into any of the onboard USB 2.0 ports at the same time. The mouse needs to be removed, and the PC restarted, to recover functionality of the MagicJack.

Hardware: Foxconn M61PMX motherboard, Logitech M305 mouse, MagicJack 2.0.4

Solution: SIIG DP Hi-Speed USB 4-Port PCIe JU-P40113-S1
Not only did this fix my problem, while saving me a handful of cash, my MagicJack works better under heavy PC usage - before; long periods of PC "on-time" and program usage would cause my MagicJack to "stutter" and "echo" - these issues, are no longer present after installing the card. I talked to my mother for a while this morning - my PC has been on for 5 days, with; 7 Firefox tabs, Yahoo Messenger, Trillian, Google SkecthUp, and MagicJack all running at the same time. (No restart, and call clarity was just fine).

Price Paid: $8.99 plus tax, NIB at a local retailer. Yes, 8 dollars and 99 cents.

The following links are for both the 13 and the 12, the 13 is for the half height chassis, and is apparently discontinued by the manufacturer, but is still available online from their retailers and on eBay.

http://www.siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=JU-P40112-S1
http://www.siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=JU-P40113-S1

I opted for this solution over a USB hub, due to the extra external hardware involved with a hub, and the fact that a hub just expands an existing port - while the PCIe card, creates 4 NEW and independent ports, that have full power, is contained within the PC case, and provides connection for a front panel USB add-on - like the one below, which I intend to purchase today, from the same local store.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150025
Britta
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if that doe not help there are 2 or 3 posts in the tech section describing the same problem, well close to it anyway. Might be worth a look.

Don't have another computer to try it out on, so have to make do with this one

Have rebooted the modem and also magic jack. MJ is running 2.0.4 version if that helps at all. Have not tried another call since rebooting, but will post when I do.

wireless mouse wireless keyboard wireless router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: