Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Use MagicJack service with other softphone (found password!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pola1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: An easy way to find it in the dump

zmaddmattz wrote:
enotz wrote:
If you have two magicJacks then it is easy to dump the memory dump for each. Just compare them and you will find VERY few changes. The phone number and the credentials are of course different

Isn't it worth and extra $20

Theres a problem with that, the dump data can be in excess of 100mb. it is very unlikely that you will be able to find the info you are looking for. I have a rock solid method of getting the info if anbody is interested pm me. Don't bother pm'n me if you have less then 10 posts

Interested to get the pm

Succedded by the dump of .dat file info very helpful

thanks to you all

Last edited by pola1 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The files are indeed hugs

enotz wrote:
However, diff does all the work and there are very few changes under XP.

Under vista it is a problem because of course Vista is much more secure and does its random placement of code in memory

I give up on vista when it comes to getting dumps. there is alot of data that gets lost.
pola1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: The files are indeed hugs

zmaddmattz wrote:
enotz wrote:
However, diff does all the work and there are very few changes under XP.

Under vista it is a problem because of course Vista is much more secure and does its random placement of code in memory

I give up on vista when it comes to getting dumps. there is alot of data that gets lost.

Wel nothing lost ,just how quickly you get the dump is IMP

You said : I have a rock solid method of getting the info if anbody is interested pm me : which one it is?
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: The files are indeed hugs

pola1 wrote:

Vistas memroy is stored in "kernel" vs "user" for every other microsft operating system. the only people I know that can access the data without losing any of it are forensic scientists. If your using memory dumping tools on Vista GOOD LUCK let the force be with you.
pola1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: The files are indeed hugs

zmaddmattz wrote:
pola1 wrote:

Vistas memroy is stored in "kernel" vs "user" for every other microsft operating system. the only people I know that can access the data without losing any of it are forensic scientists. If your using memory dumping tools on Vista GOOD LUCK let the force be with you.

As I told how quick you can start dumping is imp.

and open dump file with wordpad and find

ProxyUserName=
ProxyUserPassword=
SIPCallerID=
RegisterOnProxy=

If you can not find this then you need to re-dump again.

P.S : less ram on computer not able to open dump file or responde very late.I checked on 1gb ram pc P4-C2D. then I am able to open dump file
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject:

You guys should check out this thread

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post26658.html#26658

I think you wil have more responses with your questions.. and it gives you perfect directions....

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
macjack1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

You do know that in vista you don't need a pmdump utility right? Just open task manager right click the process and there should be an option to dump the process's memory.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh cool! I didn't know that. Ill check that out the next time i am dumping something. However, PM Dump is so small it doesn't hurt to use it.

Thanks
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
robatino
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Could someone describe how to configure the Twinkle softphone with the SIP info? I've done it successfully with Ekiga (though for some reason outgoing calls don't work) but with Twinkle I've been unable to even get it to register so far.

Edit: I tried the (ancient) Linux version of X-Lite which I was able to start up after downloading two backwards compatibility packages. But it can't detect my microphone, which is probably due to it being too old. So that's not an option. It would be nice to have a detailed walkthrough for any actively maintained Linux softphone.

Edit: Never mind, there's one already:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/linux-softphones-t739.html

It now works for both incoming and outgoing calls! I would never have guessed some of the settings.
arcadia2uk
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks VanguardLH,
This worked out great after some initial struggles.
However, the important thing in order to retrieve (in XP) your credentials is;
pmdump is run in DOS mode, with the parameters PID (open task mgr "ctrl-alt-del" inside processes make a <View><select columns> and select to show PID) and filedumpname. i.e.:
pmdump 15321 mj.dat
open mj.dat with notepad++ instead of wordpad, or notebook - it saves time due to filesize and field breaks.
- make your memory dump asap after the startup of magicJack.exe, meaning as soon as you can see the PID inside Task Manager
- if your credential strings i.e."ProxyUserName" are not present, reboot majicjack and make a second dump. I did not find mine until the 4th try.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/
http://www.ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/pmdump/
Good Luck,
arc
dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:

vanguard,

it appears as if this process has now be debunked. MJ no longer displays the password in the ascii files..

any suggestions on how to obtain sip credentials now? This was great while it lasted
robatino
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I did it just a few days ago, after the latest update was applied. It still works. What's important is that you do the dump ASAP after starting magicJack.exe. Don't do the call first as the instructions describe. The info only stays in memory a short time. In fact, the only info you really need is the password. The user name is always in the format Exxxxxxxxxx01 and you can choose your own proxy, so you don't actually have to create the log.txt file (though it's interesting to have that info).

Edit: Also, if you're using Vista, use Vista's built-in dump utility (in Task Manager, right-click on the application and select "Create Dump File"). It's much faster than the two-step process using pmdump.
proccw
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:

robatino wrote:
I did it just a few days ago, after the latest update was applied. It still works. What's important is that you do the dump ASAP after starting magicJack.exe. Don't do the call first as the instructions describe. The info only stays in memory a short time. In fact, the only info you really need is the password. The user name is always in the format Exxxxxxxxxx01 and you can choose your own proxy, so you don't actually have to create the log.txt file (though it's interesting to have that info).

Edit: Also, if you're using Vista, use Vista's built-in dump utility (in Task Manager, right-click on the application and select "Create Dump File"). It's much faster than the two-step process using pmdump.

Yes I've found this to be true as well, I had to be quick on the draw because the password is deleted from memory. But it is not due to the most recent update. This was occurring back in October.
thomasriddle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks alot!! just successfully configured with ekiga!

Laughing Laughing
robatino
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject:

thomasriddle wrote:
Thanks alot!! just successfully configured with ekiga!

Laughing Laughing

Does it work with both incoming and outgoing calls? I tried it with Ekiga 3.0.1 for Linux and could only make it work with incoming calls. With Twinkle 1.3.2 I have it working in both directions.
Lakewell
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the advice on the quick dump, worked great.
OrionnoirO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I was having trouble doing it using PMDump on XP, just couldn't find the info... After upgrading my PC just yesterday, and installing Vista x64, I figured I would give it another go using Vistas Task Manager > Right click on process > Dump, kep the task manager open after installing, I unplugged it, waited about 30 seconds, plugged it back in and kept the list of processes alphabetized so I could easily see where MagicJack.exe would appear, and a few seconds after it appeared I did it, and sure enough the data is right there. Thanks for the info! Very Happy
gumby357
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Still works just need to be speedy witht he PID

Pmdump Still works Just have to get the PMDUMP command in there as soon as the Magicjack.exe pops up in the list of proccesses when you plug in the device.

now on to tring this as a SIP dial peer with a cisco UC520
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Guys take a look at this post.

do not waste your time anymore.

Stroths MagicJack SIP Info Checker

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-sip-info-v1-0-t4212.html
JohnnyFreightTRAIN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

jose.miami wrote:
Guys take a look at this post.

do not waste your time anymore.

Stroths MagicJack SIP Info Checker

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stroths-sip-info-v1-0-t4212.html

The link you posted is outdated though, its now called Stroths MJ Utilities Suite v1.5
Includes the SIP Info checker, MJ Upgrader, and some other nice features.
(Thanks Stroths!)

I've never understood how to do that dump thing, after I opened the text file it was pretty overwhelming.
Thank God now there is a program out that does it for you, and hopefully this lasts.

btw, has anyone found a way to make the x-lite softphone hang up when the phone is hung up?

For some reason when using X-LITE calls sound great for about the first 10 minutes then starts to sound terrible... Scratchy, sqeeky, choppy, you name it. I don't know why.
The thing also decides to just hangs up on me randomly, too.
In mid conversation.
But then again I have the same problem with the magicjack softphone since the new upgrade.
HijoDePu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Have any of you ever asked if

Asked directly to magic jack If we are able to do this or we are all assuming that we cant?
barrywhite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:

Hi Guys this is my first post so i hope i'm in the right forum.

I just bought a magicjack and have a old Linksys RT31P2 ( the Vonage one ) and just wondred if someone could use Teamviewer and unlock this for me so i could put my magicjack info into it, if thats posssible.

If this is not possible to unlock then i will buy a Linksys PAP2-NA that is already unlocked.

I would like to use the RT31P2 cause it has the QoS if possible.

I guess what i'm asking is can u hack the magjack info to use in the above routers.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: