Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Use magicjack without the dongle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjly2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Use magicjack without the dongle?

Hi there, I am new to magicjack and I would appreciate if someone in this forum will help me to understand how it is done. I've heard and read so much about this topic but the instructions to do it are a bit complicated, I don't seem to get it working. Any body willing to assist?

Thanks,
Fjly2010
mastdesi
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject:

If your talking about using it with an ata then you need the following:

1) ATA - i have Linksys SPA 2102
2) Router or computer running mjproxy application: I have WRT54gl router + DDwrt with mjproxy running on the router instead of the computer.
3) That was your hardware need but the main thing is your SIP credentials. I used the SIPDump method.
CarolClark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject:

Hi,
You can use your Magic Jack service without having your dongle plugged in.
There is an advantage for using your service on more than one computer....you can figure out the other benefits. This works!! I use it right now.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject:

CarolClark wrote:
Hi,
You can use your Magic Jack service without having your dongle plugged in.
There is an advantage for using your service on more than one computer....you can figure out the other benefits. This works!! I use it right now.

I have a hard time understanding where my phone system would plug in so the phone in the basement/bedroom/etc. would ring?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject:

You would only be able to use your softphone since, as you stated, there is no where to plug your phone into... I guess good for a laptop and travel as you do not need to worry about breaking or misplacing your MJ dongle.. But for for home use makes little sense unless you NEVER leave your PC Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: