Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Use MJ from your cellphone for international calls?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjsbz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Use MJ from your cellphone for international calls?

As the screenshot is posted here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21942966-Use-MJ-from-your-cellphone-for-international-calls

Anyone know what this is?
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject:

Contrary to the title of your post, the advertisement says nothing of the sort.

It simply says that there is (will be, according to the reply) a new pricing scheme from AT&T that will allow you to call overseas for the same per-minute rate that MJ charges. I doubt that their monthly fee (on top of what you already pay ATT-WS per month) will be as low as the $1.67 we pay MJ, but it might be low enough to be worthwhile if you use it enough.
mjsbz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject:

mberlant wrote:
Contrary to the title of your post, the advertisement says nothing of the sort.

It simply says that there is (will be, according to the reply) a new pricing scheme from AT&T that will allow you to call overseas for the same per-minute rate that MJ charges. I doubt that their monthly fee (on top of what you already pay ATT-WS per month) will be as low as the $1.67 we pay MJ, but it might be low enough to be worthwhile if you use it enough.

Are you kidding?

Obviously you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Did you even read the post? This ad has nothing to do with new ATT pricing schemes, you're insane.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I did read the ad, I just read it wrong. On closer inspection it does not make any sense at all. I stand corrected.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Hi mjsbz

Hey, I just saw the ad too. It's just the MJ offer for international minutes. The three pieces of info are a) MJ uses the same carriers as AT&T, b) you get cheap MJ rates, and c) the plan also functions as a calling card so you can make calls from your cellphone at the low (same?) rates. No where does the ad say you "use MJ on your cell phone".

By the way, you may mean something funny or hip when you use the word "insane", but others may take offense. Realize that there are readers here from many countries and sticking to common usage English reduces the chances that your posts come across as rude. We're all trying to help one another here. You posted a question and you got a response. If you disagree, stick to the point.
mjsbz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Point is, you'll be able to make international calls from your cell phone using MJ's international pricing. However, this feature has not yet been introduced.

Theres also been talk from Barislow about introducing a femtocell-based product in the first quarter of 2009, which might connect with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: