magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used for 3 Days Now - some issues - still ok with it though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishTX
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Used for 3 Days Now - some issues - still ok with it though Reply with quote

[font=Arial] [/font][size=12] [/size][color=blue] [/color]Just purchased a magicJack recently and I have experienced some of the issues that many others have:

1.) Busy Signal when checking VM or nothing happens. Have to redial once or twice to get in.
2.) When leaving messages on "other's" VM, my voice is hard to hear, even though I hear them just fine on their messages (regular, person to person conversations are pretty good, however).
3.) Did not receive an email after registering from MagicJack to confirm registration (Been 2 days now - no email)
4.) Some cracking and dead spots "at times" when in a conversation. (Still tolerable though for what I am paying to use it)
5.) When hanging up from one call and then dialing another right away, I have more problems getting through the first time. I don't know if it was this or not, but, I went to the computer and ended/deleted everything and started the call again with the call and it was fine.

*Shortly after installing MJ, I chose to optimize, which REALLY HELPED. [b]Everyone needs to do that. [/b]

I just called my MJ phone number from work and it is busy (2 times). Of course, it REALLY isn't busy, unless my cat has learned how to use the MJ! I had to try several times and finally got through.

[b]So, the VM needs improving for sure.[/b] Although, I was surprised by an email today, that said I had a VM last night and I could play it straight from the email (WAV). That was neat.

I think the sound quality is tolerable at this point. The VM however, is not up to par yet. Hopefully, improvements are on the way. I plan on using mine to mainly call out.

I give it a [b]"B-" [/b]as a whole and will keep it.

IrishTX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: