Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Used MJ with Panasonic phones for 6 mth; now can't dial out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobama7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Used MJ with Panasonic phones for 6 mth; now can't dial out.

I have a Panasonic wireless multi-phone system that I have used with MJ for six months. For approximately two weeks, I have been unable to dial out using the wireless phones. Incoming calls work fine; I can dial out using land-line phones. I have tried another Panasonic wireless system with the same results. I have tried the MJ on two computers that I have successfully used this setup on during the pass 6 months with the same results. Is it possible that the MJ module has gone bad to cause this problem.
cdwaldron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Can you dial out using the softphone?
gobama7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject:

I can dial out using the soft phone or land-line phone. When trying to dial from Panasonic wireless phone, I dial the number and push talk; the whole number is dialed then the phone go to dial tone. Nothing shows on the MJ monitor.
murphy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject:

Does the number show up on the soft phone screen when you dial from the handset? Is it correct.

If the number that you are calling is busy, you will not get a busy signal, it will drop back to dial tone.
gobama7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Nothing shows on the MJ soft phone display when a number is dialed from the Panasonic wireless phone. After the number is dialed the phone go immediately to dial tone. This happens no matter which number is dialed.
n2hu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Damn it, I'm having the same exact issue...

worked fine for the past 6 months and wont dial out using any phone
gobama7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I've tried a friends MJ with my system and everything works great. I'm going to purchase a new MJ for my system and contact MJ chat support before installing it in order to keep my old number and years of service purchased with that number.
monkeyboy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject:

same thing happened to me a few months ago. the consensus seems to be that a certain part of the MJ goes bad after a while.

I ended up doing battle with MJ CS for 4 hours til they send me a new one, which works. But don't go do battle with them unless you're willing to put in the time and are willing to tell them what they 'need to hear'. Otherwise you'll get stuck in MJ CS hell, which is kinda like Groundhog Day...(the movie)
gobama7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject:

My MJ has suddenly started working again allowing me to dial out using my Panasonic wireless phones. Has Magicjack released a new upgrade in the past few weeks that could account for this. I had purchased a new MJ module, but before I had the chance to install it, the system started working with the old MJ module.
Chris "hack"
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject:

gobama7 wrote:
My MJ has suddenly started working again allowing me to dial out using my Panasonic wireless phones. Has Magicjack released a new upgrade in the past few weeks that could account for this. I had purchased a new MJ module, but before I had the chance to install it, the system started working with the old MJ module.
Maybe your friend's MJ dongle hadn't taken the same upgrades that your's had (?). Yes, mine took an upgrade today after being unplugged for about 2 weeks, upgrade v1.80.4841.3386. The Panasonic KX-TG2700 cordless now dialing out perfectly, but now called party is reporting "beeping". Hahahahah, what 'cha gonna do! I consider MJ a toy [until MJ Inc admits it's more than just "an internet experience" and abides by FCC rules ie: number porting in AND out].

BTW: There is an even newer upgrade mentioned here by Cali4236 - http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/any-update-on-the-beeping-fix-t6439-135.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: