Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Used shorter cord betw/ phone+MJ & phones finally work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lknust
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Used shorter cord betw/ phone+MJ & phones finally work

I was getting all sorts of variable results trying to use MJ with my existing phones. My line-powered GE worked fine from the beginning, but the Panasonic KX-TG 2344 (cordless with A/C adapter) and Southwestern Bell Freedom Phone (corded answerer with A/C adapter) would either not get dial tone, or dial, or ring, or any combination of those.

I tried a powered USB hub and it made no difference. Finally I used a much shorter wire between the phone and the MJ and all worked 100% (I'm still using the powered hub).

BTW, the GE has a short non-replaceable cord so I couldn't test it on the long wire that caused problems for the other 2 phones.
dougweiser
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Yep... I was on a chat session with support recently and they said the phone cord should be less than 6ft long.

My cord is much longer than that, and my phone rings fine... never had that issue.

I think it is heavily dependent on the phone you are using too.

Doug
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Phone cords also can go bad and need to be replaced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: