Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
User-Agent on a SunRocket MTA6328-2RE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dchoda
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: User-Agent on a SunRocket MTA6328-2RE

Anyone ever figure out how to set the user-agent on the SunRocket MTA6328-2RE? If not, is it better to disable sending the user-agent string on the device?
arcadia2uk
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

It sould be;
MagicJack/1.80.466c (SJ Labs)
but this is version dependent, so it should be changed after every MJ update, current version of MJ is 1.80.466.3 thus the code becomes .../1.80.466c...
-----
Sorry my misunderstanding, I read through too quickly

Last edited by arcadia2uk on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dchoda
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: User-Agent on a SunRocket MTA6328-2RE

I already know "what" the user-agent string is I need to know how to set it on the MTA6328-2RE if possible.
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Only way so far is to select item 16 via Cs - change SIP settings command ala Telnet. However this is only saying whether or not to send it or not. To actually get the MJ user-agent header in there would require hacking into the persistent memory somehow.

Synchron Cool
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: How to change User-Agent for SunRocket MTA6328-2RE

I have also desperately spent hours on finding "How to change User-Agent for SunRocket MTA6328-2RE"

No luck yet. But I believe there could be some way around... Some possible.. Not sure if we upgrade, it would allow us.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject:

No way to change the User Agent, you can only turn off. To turn it off you need to telnet to the device and use command Cs.

FYI: I am pretty sure the User Agent is not the problem with connecting though an ATA.
cooldude929
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject:

I am pretty sure that they imposed a NEW rule on User-Agent.

Even if you try to use old software on the MJ dongle, the User-Agent changes.. thats why old MJs kept reporting 401.

I agree that they did not restrict until now.. but they did now (in my opinion)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: