Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
User unfriendly web site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandevillian1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: User unfriendly web site.

There is no way to contact Magic Jack to discuss problems and get advice except through their chat site. There is no phone number to verbally correspond with the company. I find this unacceptable, because I'm a shootist and not a typist. It takes too long for me to type what I have to say. Also there is no personal interaction by "chatting." Magic Jack is the most user UNFRIENDLYsite that I have found on the internet. I have no complaint about the quality of the phone works just the sorry support system. Look for another phone service. I am.Evil or Very Mad
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: User unfriendly web site.

mandevillian1 wrote:
There is no way to contact Magic Jack to discuss problems and get advice except through their chat site. There is no phone number to verbally correspond with the company. I find this unacceptable, because I'm a shootist and not a typist. It takes too long for me to type what I have to say. Also there is no personal interaction by "chatting." Magic Jack is the most user UNFRIENDLYsite that I have found on the internet. I have no complaint about the quality of the phone works just the sorry support system. Look for another phone service. I am.Evil or Very Mad

And for a $1.67 a month you expect Vonage like support?? HA.. Good one.
Had you done your homework PRIOR to purchasing your MJ you would have already known all this and saved yourself the aggravation.
Also this forum and it's users blow away ANY online chat OR phone support you will ever find..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grm
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject:

What you might try is to type your questions before hand, in your word processor. Then when it's your turn cut and paste your question. Try this I think you will find it helps.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject:

grm wrote:
What you might try is to type your questions before hand, in your word processor. Then when it's your turn cut and paste your question. Try this I think you will find it helps.

Good idea, but I DO see his point. SO much easier to explain ones problem via phone than typing. BUT in todays world getting someone who speaks the damn language is a job in and of itself!!!
But again for $1.67 a month?? To have the support he is looking for would raise the price more than a tad.
The irony is MJ provides a PHONE service Smile Why not give their "techs" all MJ's and call it a day..
Again this forum is a Godsend and blows away ANY type of support MJ can give, phone or otherwise.
Just my 2 cents.
Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject:

The only thing I can think of is they use the chat log as the basis for more support/information on their website. The legal side might also come into play. They have a log of what was stated by both customer and tech support.

I agree though, it is time consuming and frustrating for the customer to type out the issue, wait for a response. Then if you have to re-boot the machine you loose the chat session.

There must be a better way ! There are other services, but the simplicity of magicjack makes it popular. Plug it into a computer with a highspeed internet connection, and plug in your phone to magicjack. And yes there are set up issues depening on computer and phone system, but it usually can be over come.
trek101
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: User unfriendly web site.

bitstopjoe wrote:
mandevillian1 wrote:

And for a $1.67 a month you expect Vonage like support?? HA.. Good one.
Had you done your homework PRIOR to purchasing your MJ you would have already known all this and saved yourself the aggravation.
Also this forum and it's users blow away ANY online chat OR phone support you will ever find..

Joe Sica

Ditto...

I have only utilise their text message support to have my voicemail password reset due to my absent mindness. Besides, I am on an ATA and my telephone answering device (TAD) catches it before it forwards over to voicemail. I have my parents on MJ for almost 2 years now and they are very happy with the service; every now and then they contact me when they have a minor hiccup. Both of them have mobile phones and they utilise the MJ number during day so when they make or receive a call it doesn't gobble up their mobile peak minute plan.

In closing EDUCATION and doing your HOMEWORK is the key. I have learn quite a bit on this forum and have resolved most of the hiccups when it involves VoIP in general. The biggest challenge is getting mjproxy to handle multiple numbers on one PC. And the homework goes on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: