Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Username and password required on startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Username and password required on startup

Just today, every time I plugin or restart magic jack.exe it asks for my username and password before starting. This is annoying and impractical. More mj software hell. I now need to restart software after every incoming call, else garble.
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject:

Sorry, is this Vista???
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject:

xp pro sp3, which I don't think they test upon.
DDELFIERRO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject:

I get the same behavior.

The screen states that my account is verified yet it wants me to log in to re-register the account. It flashes that a verification email would be sent but never is.

This never started to happen until I renewed by MJ after letting it lapse and even then it wasn't right after that but only shortly thereafter. The MJ also kept rebooting itself around the time this started but doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Should I also have 2 instances of MJ in My Computer? It shows it as 2 separate drives, 1 is explorable but has a file in it saying not to use it as a drive and the other is not explorable and acts like an executable.

MJ's tech support kept trying to bluff me into believing that this is some kind of new "security measure" and is how all MJ's work now but mine never did anything of the sort before and I doubt it's the truth. In fact, tech support kept trying to trick me into rebooting just so I would disconnect the live chat with them and they eventually canceled the on-line chat support themselves when none of their feeble attempts to fix the problem worked.
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

>>>The screen states that my account is verified yet it wants me >>to log in to re-register the account. It flashes that a verification >>email would be sent but never is.

Same here.

>>This never started to happen until I renewed by MJ after letting i>>t lapse and even then it wasn't right after that but only shortly >>thereafter. The MJ also kept rebooting itself around the time >>this started but doesn't seem to do it anymore.

About 3 weeks ago, I had to buy a new dongle and transfer account to new dongle. Likely, they could have lost a data field in their base, causing this behavior.

>>Should I also have 2 instances of MJ in My Computer? It shows >it as 2 separate drives, 1 is explorable but has a file in it saying >>not to use it as a drive and the other is not explorable and acts >>like an executable.

This should be the norm.

>>MJ's tech support kept trying to bluff me into believing that this >>is some kind of new "security measure" and is how all MJ's work >>now but mine never did anything of the sort before and I doubt >>it's the truth. In fact, tech support kept trying to trick me into >>rebooting just so I would disconnect the live chat with them >>and they eventually canceled the on-line chat support >>themselves when none of their feeble attempts to fix the >>problem worked.

ROTFL This sound like a GED educated minimum wage worker. Any intelligent trouble shooter should be able to see the link and cause to be likely something changing in their db or sw bug again where some user security file isn't being stored on stick..
mag357
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I am new to this site and I am rading these posts because my sister is having the same problem. Even though we got a new password from magic jack it still does not recognize the password and or email address. So, what was the finial results for you guys having this problem? How was it resolved.
Thanks
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject:

My problem is not that I cant register, but it requires each run. With all issues on top.

My solution was to ditch the service in favor of an ata. Or at least the most of it.

The typing support might help. OR you could buy a tee kay 6000 or a pap2t, etc...
Magicjacktechsupport
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
>>MJ's tech support kept trying to bluff me into believing that this >>is some kind of new "security measure" and is how all MJ's work >>now but mine never did anything of the sort before and I doubt >>it's the truth. In fact, tech support kept trying to trick me into >>rebooting just so I would disconnect the live chat with them >>and they eventually canceled the on-line chat support >>themselves when none of their feeble attempts to fix the >>problem worked.

I do not agree with you on the above. They have released new upgrade in August near about 08/08/09 and after that your magicjack may asks you to verify after plugging in or restarting your PC.

for the message that you will receive an email with in next hour after entering the login info , it means something like firewall or your security softwares are blocking your magicjack to connect with their servers properly. Otherwise you will get immediately ready to call on your dial pad.
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Well, since nothing changed on my end--no software installs etc.--and the problem pops out all the sudden once I buy a new unit activated on account of, and to replace a year old worn out unit. By definition this is a bug in behavior. Add that to fact I had to restart mj every second incoming call else a regular frequency drop out in about 100 times a second, due to sample rate issue added with g3, and no one in house but me can log in; you got a dead sytem, notwithstanding buying a new unit with same behavior.

I also suppose I would need to upgrade to windows 7 from xp sp3 to ever get it fixed. But I like sp3 and the money I am saving by not upgrading.
kingofcoins
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Verify Login ERROR remains...

I have searched your forum and have found that no-one has really solved this very annoying pop-up error. And as frustrating as it is, MJ's online support is even worse, they have no idea how to approach a fix let alone understand it.
Come on now.... someone must have cured this...one MJ in one XP Pro computer, never pulled nor settings changed, all upgraded YET every 3rd time or so on start up you get the 'VERIFY LOGIN' nag screen ...a solution PLEASE !
Everton
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Verify Login ERROR remains...

kingofcoins wrote:
I have searched your forum and have found that no-one has really solved this very annoying pop-up error. And as frustrating as it is, MJ's online support is even worse, they have no idea how to approach a fix let alone understand it.
Come on now.... someone must have cured this...one MJ in one XP Pro computer, never pulled nor settings changed, all upgraded YET every 3rd time or so on start up you get the 'VERIFY LOGIN' nag screen ...a solution PLEASE !

The solutions simple: Get yourself an ATA and possibly a DD-WRT Router and forget about running MJ on your PC!!
kingofcoins
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Too bad...

Thanks for stopping by but that is not a solution, its a plug...you see we're mostly very happy with MJ , just that we like things all neat and cozy.
I'll try turning off start-up items one at a time in msconfig.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Verify Login ERROR remains...

kingofcoins wrote:

This screen came up when I re-flashed the OS on my thin client. Once I went through the motions of answering all the questions correctly (we recently had changed an email address) I have never seen the VERIFY screen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: