magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using Grep to Find Your MJ PW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountaineer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Using Grep to Find Your MJ PW Reply with quote

Here's a quick tip for speeding up the process of finding your MJ password in dump files created with PMDump. In Windows XP,I started PMDump as soon as I plugged in the MJ dongle and ran 10 dumps. The dumps files are large and sorting through them in a text editor is a tedious chore. Fortunately, grep can greatly speed up the search quite a bit.

Since I have a dual boot box, I simply ran the PMDumps in Windows XP, then rebooted into Linux. I mount my Windows partition and copy the dump files to a Linux directory. Since the text files are created with a Windows app, you'll need to convert them to Linux with something like dos2unix. Some text editors such as Beaver will do that job as well. Once thats done, I ran the following commands on the first 5 dump files:

cat SIPDump4.txt | grep -A 100 -B 100 DialPl* | grep '^....................$' > search_results.txt

It searches for the pattern DialPlan and outputs 100 lines before and after each occurrence of the pattern. It then selects any strings that are exactly 20 characters in length which is the length of the MJ pw. The results are output to the file named search_results.txt Then open that file with a text editor and look for the PW which in my case appeared in the 4th dump file and was easy to spot since it repeated several times in the file. Took me about five minutes from start to finish.

I then tested the pw along with my other credentials by using Ekiga and XLite with the mjproxy.

Good luck and have fun!
jasy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I was just not sure on which was my password. It did not start with a B. But I was able to get the SIP infos to use on Xlite without the dongle. Next will be on Fedora (xp dual boot with FC13).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: