Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Poor Audio Quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Poor Audio Quality

I'm running Windows Visa Home Premium.
After I make a call, I can hear the person i'm calling very clearly, however,
everyone i've called says they can hardly hear me.
I've tried tweaking the audio settings in MagicJack and even the Sound settings
within Control Panel, but it doesn't seem to help.
Can anybody out there help me?
I'd really like this gadget to work! Exclamation
Thanks in advance!!
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Try this from Dan the Inventor. Right click "computer"-properties-advanced system settings-advanced-performance-advanced and click adjust for "background services."
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to strndedinalska

Hi there strndedinalska,

I actually read up on the MagicJack while I was waiting for it to arrive. I received it on July 20, 2008, so, even before I got it in the mail, I had changed that setting already. I also have tweaked the sound settings within MagicJack as well as the sound settings within Windows Control Panel - Sound section.
I really want to get this gadget to work so I can stop paying monthly for long distance service.
Do you know of anything else I can try?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
It's much appreciated.

Regards,

Ed M. Smile
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject:

There are a couple of possibilities. First, congestion could cause issues, especially if you're on cable or a good distance from where your phone call dumps into the pots line. I also experienced this issue when I had a Texas number, but my Internet dumped into the web in Seattle. That meant that my calls all went to Texas via the Internet before entering the line. If this is the case, you may have to change to a more local number because of the number of hops. Another possibility along the lines of congestion, is cable sometimes gets congested. I also find this is true, especially when all of my neighbors are downloading bitcoin at the same time.

If it's not an Internet issue, you may have some shaping you need to do as for the resources allocated for your MagicJack. Simply put, your machine may not prioritize your MagicJack for resources needed to clear up your calls. Also, what kind of connection and speed do you have?
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I am using a cable modem and I just performed a speed test with an internet site.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 16218 kbps (2027.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 374 kbps (46.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

What do you think?
xboxuser1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Hop!

Yours download speed are really great! but yours upload are really border line!

The MJ should use 128k up and down to be clear ... .but in fact, you need 512k up and down to have a clear line ... the mj specs say 128k .... but at least 512k to stay out of problem!

So check to gain up speed and that's should resolve your issue!
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey xboxuser1,

Thanx!

How do I gain up-speed?
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject:

That'd be a phone call to the cable company to see what's available in your service area. I would think that they would have a package that offers better upload.
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject:

Thanx.

Do you think that the HBB1 - Hawking Broadband Booster would help me out at all?

I've seen quite a few favorable reviews about how it has improved some people's audio as it is
supposed to give more priority to the voip process?

Later...
boatman37210
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: low volume

I'm having the same problem. Haven't tweaked anything on my PC or MJ yet.

I received MJ 4 days ago and installed. Did not have a regular phone to test it with, so forwarded MJ to my cell. People would call and the forwarding worked fine. Callers said they could hear me fine. Volume sent and received was working great.

Bought a regular phone and hooked directly up to MJ. Took MJ off of forwarding. Using the regular phone callers said they could barely hear me. I heard them fine.

Haven't done it yet, but think I will try a different phone. The brand phone I bought I never heard of and was only $16. I wouldn't think it would be the phone, but it's worth a shot.
Will post the results later.

Thanks.
tellmeall
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: How to fix Horrible Phone Connection

If you are a MagicJack user who's experiencing that constant bad phone connection where you just can't decipher or make sense of what the recipient on the other line is saying, well, I found the solution!!! It has to do with your network card not being optimized. I know, what does that have to do with MagicJack as it's plugged into your USB. The answer, your PC is not not utilizing your full Internet connection messing your VOIP connection. It worked great on my windows XP, and now my MagicJack works awesome!

Instructions: http://innervibrant.com/MagicJack.aspx

Good Luck Tony
Mudgemania
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Would this work on Windows Vista Home Premium?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: