Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
It does not work all the time and limited to none support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billnight
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: It does not work all the time and limited to none support

I am a tech savy guy and owned a MJ for two months now. Before I purchased the MJ, I've read some MJ users' complaints. But thought it might be computer related. However, it might not be the case.
I do not use telephone very often. During the free trail, I did not notice any problem. However, after two months of using the device, I found following problems:
1. The incoming voice quality if always fine, but outgoing voice quality sometimes is very bad. People complained that half of my voice was skipped.
2. Quality of call to a regular phone is OK. But calling a cell or another VOIP phone sometimes you would hear lots of noise. I had a very fast cable modem connection. I thought that it maybe the other end has a slower speed or noisy line. But if I call the other end with my cell phone, the voice quality is fine. Somehow the combonation of two VOIP or MJ to cell caused the problem.
3. For a particular area code (360), some calls can go through and others just can't. For the failed calls, after dailing the number, the phone quickly goes to Ready To Call state. Of couse, if I call those numbers from my cell phone, no problem at all.
4. The most difficult part is the technical support and customer services. The 24 hr live chat link on the MJ site will lead you to FAQs and it does not help at all. I found another direct link to the live chat through Google, but waited half hour for several times, no one respond.

$20 a year is not much. But if the company put a 24 hr tech support link and can't keep its promise, it is very bad. Phone is very import tool in our life. If this product is not reliable, then it does not deserve our business or stay in telecom business. When some 911 calls can't go through the MJ, the company will be in trouble. I am not suprised that someone will sue the company sooner or later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: