Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Contacts lost - and Vista 'sleep' problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Contacts lost - and Vista 'sleep' problem

I use 'sleep' mode for my Vista computer. I lose my magicjack connection when this occurs, so when I 'wake it up' each morning MJ reboots, however I get no dial tone on my phone until I unplug and 'replug' MJ's USB connection. This morn, following this usual routine I was presented with a log-in screen, which I completed, and then the softphone screen appeared and all Contacts and Calls had disappeared. Are those files lurking in my computer where I can retrieve them? How can this routine be avoided? Or can it?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject:

For one NEVER just unplug your MJ. ALWAYS click on safely remove hardware icon first to shut it down. Even if you are going to reboot your PC or shut it down for the night. This way you won't corrupt your MJ usb dongle, which sounds like what happened.
Unless you did a backup of your contact list I think it has gone to the bit bucket in the sky, sorry.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for that tip, Joe. Will the dongle get uncorrupted automatically when everything is operating correctly and updated, etc.?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Probably not. There is a good chance you may have to do a format of the dongle.
I suggest you contact MJ support ( chat) so they can walk you thru the format process.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Joe.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Very welcome. Glad to be of help ( or try to anyway )

Joe Sica
JoelIrwin
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject:

this has happened to me many times over the last few months and now I make it a habit to backup my MJ folder onto my hard disk in case all the contacts get wiped out. Otherwise, you/I have to type them all in again.

Today, I hung up and the MJ app/software hung. As soon as I took out the MJ, all the data was lost (and it also makes you reregister online and you have to reupdate your software).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: