Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Faxing with Canon PIXMA MX330

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcguinn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Faxing with Canon PIXMA MX330

I have read post after post about faxing with magic jack, some with Canon fax machines, but I still don't understand how to make this work, or even if it will.
I have turned off ECM.
TX rate is set to 4800.

The L port is connected to the magic jack.

The machine dials, and I hear the beginning of the fax tone, and then the tone dies out. sometimes I get the error code of "line busy", or just "ng."

Is there anyway to make this work?
Please make any replies very explicit, as my technical skills are wanting.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:

MJ faxing has always been hit or miss, but, after the last MJ update in late Feb early March of this year it seems it is MUCH MUCH more miss now.

Sounds like you have done all you can on your end. Who knows MAYBE the next "Lucky You" update might make it work some what again. BUT unlikely.

Don't forget MJ has never said it can fax as VOIP isnt the best way to fax especially when faxing requires all bits make it through, as it is a lossless tech.

Others feel free to chime in as I am only going from what I have read on here as I don't fax with my MJ.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I gave up faxing with my MJ a while back. It seems to receive well, but not send well. I use my basic land line for faxing.
kuhntech
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I am usually able to receive without a hitch. Sending however will go through about half of the time and about half of that half of the time the receiver of the fax will only receive half of a page. It also takes my fax machine a LONG time to send. About 3 1/2 minutes per page!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: