Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Performance Issues 128 vs 256 vs 512?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limitme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Performance Issues 128 vs 256 vs 512?

I'm confused...I've read on here where people say you really need 512 to run MJ smoothly. Others say you can run it with 256, but it might choke up a little from time to time....

yet, everyone seems to rave about their performance from the Alpman thin clients he sells on here and from what I'm reading, they only have 128 and slower CPUs....

i'm missing something here....how can his thin clients run fantastic with 128 and others are saying, skip 256, you really need 512 memory?
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Typically the rule of thumb is 256 minimum, 512 advised. My TC's are the exception to the rule. I've explained why in your other post here:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-t5520-mj-ready-thin-clients-from-alpman-just-45-shipped-t8518.html

This should clarify things a bit.
slceso
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject:

don't waste your time fiddling around and trying to get a better deal or price out trying to build your own from eBay parts. I wasted about a week doing this, since I figure myself to be pretty handy with electronics and computers in general, but ultimately, I bought one of his T5520s because of the all of the good press he gets, and you just can't beat his prices. Not to mention he's a helluva nice guy and a regular contributor to the community here.

My Alpman custom runs MJ better than my AM2+ X2 at 3Ghz with 4GB ram and Vista Ultimate (the latter probably being the weak link.)

If you want a no hassle setup that works, pull the trigger on one of the Alpman units. He's also good about providing help if you hit a snag.

kind regards\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: