magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walk-through to configure a different softphone

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thechad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the info you'd need if you were going to brute force your credentials. And there's already a post on this thread that points to something much quicker. This thread, Page 1, 6th poster.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.. I think I actually found it this time!! I completely overlook a very important part of that thread, TheChad!! I used what MagicHack mentioned, (hint, notepad++ is your friend) searched, and there it was...

Now, I am off to plug all that info into my PAP-2 and see what happens. I will report back later if I find it.

Last edited by BooDaddy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS! I have my ata working now. All the info I needed was right here in this FORUM. The only thing I recommend is getting notepad++ to view certain files that you end up with in the process. IT makes searching through the huge files easy.

Im just a little leary about MagicJack terminating me for using an ATA. I have the 5 year plan Smile that would suck to loose it.

If someone is willing to buy me another MagicJack, I will give help on setting up a PAP-2 ATA!!!! HEHEHE... Smile

Last edited by BooDaddy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
thechad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooDaddy wrote:
SUCCESS! I have my ata working now. All the info I needed was right here in this thread. The only thing I recommend is getting notepad++ to view certain files that you end up with in the process. IT makes searching through the huge files easy.

Im just a little leary about MagicJack terminating me for using an ATA. I have the 5 year plan Smile that would suck to loose it.

If someone is willing to buy me another MagicJack, I will give help on setting up a PAP-2 ATA!!!! HEHEHE... Smile

Spoofing the User Agent may help keep you under the radar too. Depending on the ATA configuration and abilities, you may be able to do it within the ATA. If not, you'll need some sort of ALG or Asterisk-like SIP trunk that can replace the User Agent before sending it to MJ.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Linksys PAP2 from fonage (version 1). I will double check it tonight when I get home and see if there is an option to spoof the useragent.
Would I find the useragent info that I would need to use in the same place i found my SIP credentials??
thechad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooDaddy wrote:
I have a Linksys PAP2 from fonage (version 1). I will double check it tonight when I get home and see if there is an option to spoof the useragent.
Would I find the useragent info that I would need to use in the same place i found my SIP credentials??

Maybe, but best way is to sniff the SIP traffic.
Should be something like: User-Agent: MagicJack/1.80.441a (SJ Labs)
...and will likely changed based on the version installed/updated.
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If magicjack just had a softphone download without the dingee, some of us would not be seeking other means to use magicjack.
madmox
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooDaddy wrote:

I have the same unit from linsys and would love to hear how you made out.
My magicjack stopped working about a week after i got it!
Thanks
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Texguy here's your Soft phone without the dingee Very Happy
ramsudhir
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Amazing!!! Reply with quote

Its really amazing that you guyz are finding one or the other way to find the sip credentials of the MJ. Can anybody share their techniques to find out the sip password!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Ram
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVerything you will need to know is right there in the first page of this thread Smile
khairul
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooDaddy wrote:
EVerything you will need to know is right there in the first page of this thread Smile

I sniff my packets using wireshark..i can't seem to get the know how of getting my password.

I might be overlooking something, i looked thru and read the thread over and over again in page 1..but can't seem to find a possible solutions.

Any kind of help would be appreciated! Cheers!
hype8912
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent about 5 hours last weekend going through logs and reading header data but I never got anywhere. reading through the logs was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I saw the information I needed I wouldn't have known that it was the correct info.
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hype8912 wrote:
I spent about 5 hours last weekend going through logs and reading header data but I never got anywhere. reading through the logs was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I saw the information I needed I wouldn't have known that it was the correct info.

No need to read, use the search function in your editor and search for the word "Password"
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is alot of good info on the first page, 6th poster. Just dont over look it! I can assure you, its there, and it is very easy to find. Once you look in the right place you will see it in plain view, and you will be like, "I cant believe i overlooked it!"
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msiam wrote:
Hey Texguy here's your Soft phone without the dingee Very Happy

Too late, I have eyebeam working........... Rolling Eyes
ramsudhir
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Hi Boodaddy Reply with quote

You are the man!!! Its really nice that you found a way to get your sip credentials.

I struggled for 8 hours without any success. my log file doesnt have a word called "Password" at all. I searched the log file with notepad++

This is how I started my log file

C:\Documents and Settings\sudhir\Application Data\mjusbsp>magicJack.exe /lf a.log /foreground /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "L:\magicJack"

Am i doing anything wrong?

please help me finding the password.

Thanks & Regards,
Ram
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are close, but used the wrong program. Check back on this thread at the first page... 6th poster. Read his post in its entirety.
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone using another softphone, X-Lite in particular. Would you mind sharing your "dialing plan"?

I would like to be able to dial local phone numbers as a 7digit number and have the area code added. I would also like to be able to successfully dial *678*00-444-4444 when I want to spoof CID.

currently I just have the default dialing plan which is: #n\a\a.T;match=1;prestrip=2;
TexGuy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delta-9 wrote:
So anyone using another softphone, X-Lite in particular. Would you mind sharing your "dialing plan"?

I would like to be able to dial local phone numbers as a 7digit number and have the area code added. I would also like to be able to successfully dial *678*00-444-4444 when I want to spoof CID.

currently I just have the default dialing plan which is: #n\a\a.T;match=1;prestrip=2;

I would suggest you try the counterpath.com forum for that.
hype8912
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info. Got it working and couldn't believe how easy it was. I to can confirm that with a combination of post 1 and post 6 you have all the info you need. Never mind any of the other info in this whole thread.

Thanks everyone for helping me see the light. Got my cell phone working on SIP and a softphone on an extra laptop.
msiam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Thanks everyone for helping me see the light. Got my cell phone working on SIP and a softphone on an extra laptop.

Cell phone working on sip Shocked ?? I must have missed a thread on that one.. Where is that??? Confused
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="msiam"]
Quote:

Cell phone working on sip Shocked ?? I must have missed a thread on that one.. Where is that??? Confused

He probably has a VoIP enabled cellphone ...
hype8912
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have an ATT Tilt aka HTC Kaiser which is a Windows Mobile phone.

I pay for the data plan but I tried using magicJack through Edge since that's all we have here and it sucked. I guess if you have 3g or HSDPA then it would be a good compliament to your current dialing plan.

Using magicJack through WiFi on my cell phone worked great. Nice that when I'm at home if it's not 9pm yet I can set the phone to use MJ for dialing out instead of my current ATT plan.

I have no way of verifying who is on the MJ payroll and who is not and I would love to help everyone who has PM'd me wanting to know how I did it but for the sake of protecting the people before me I won't write the instructions out here.

I was going to post some partial instructions but I think I'd rather just write a quick application to do it so it doesn't give away the secret of the process protecting ourselves and keeping the MJ team in the dark alittle longer.
kacklehorn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we petition to remove this post?

Here are some facts:

1. There is no doubt that there is a huge push to sell MJ devices. I see the infomercial constantly on T.V., which is working.
2. MJ and it's employees troll this and other forums to see if people are exploiting the product, so they can fix the holes. Do you really want to make it easy for them, and lose your softphones, and sunrocket devices, and all the other way's you are using that info?
3. MJ makes 'most' of it's money off of advertising, and spying on you.
4. If people hack their SIP creds out of the product, and don't use the mechanism MJ has laid out to present you with ads, then their buisness model will fail. (Look at Netpliances iOpener if you don't believe me.), and their business will crumble taking your nice cheap service with it.

So, while it's cool to share information, sometimes if you want to be able to use that information for any amount of time, you should keep it to yourself. Anyone who is tech savvy knows how to look up how SIP works, knows how to run a network trace, and knows how to use windbg, so you are really only giving info to the lowest common denominator who is too lazy to go research things for themselves. These are the people you *don't* want to tell because they have to use the device according to the intended business model (every group of wolves needs some sheep), which will keep MJ in business, and your ability to use it for *your* purposes alive and well.

Telling people *how* to setup a sunrocket device, or how to enter your creds into a softphone is one thing, but telling them in an open forum how to hack a device that is benefiting *you* is just stupid.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... FAIL.
zx7r
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok all I hope I can get some help. I have used a couple programs to check and search for the password and have been unable to find it.

After reading the Revolution site I used pmdump and created a log file from magicjack.exe. I was able to get teh p[roxy info and such. It looked like the format at one time may of been [email protected]:5070 but now all I see is SIP:proxy1........
I used wireshark to capture the traffic when starting mj.exe. I read post 6 on the first page and am trying to understand the md5? I see a SIP entry status 401 unauthorized. www-authenticate I believe that may be the one I am looking for. nonce?

Any help publicly or privately would be appreciated. Thanks
joevv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat is long out of the bag. There's info posted all over the net on how to get the sip info. You're right only the lazy are here begging for the info but I'm sure Mj coders have the info also.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zx7r. Your real close, but you went off tangent in your search a little. back track and think about the whole process. Dont forget the little steps.

I dont think anyone here is going to spoon feed you how-to on finding your creds.... that takes the fun out of it Smile

Yes, everything you need to know is right here....just dont over-read the important details. Dont over-think the process.
zx7r
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help all. I will read through the thread again.
arowanadream
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooDaddy

Please PM me, if you know how to get the password? I read the 6 post for 50 + time still cannot find the answer. As far as I could tell the password is in MD5 format.
ssssss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: SIP Credentials Reply with quote

Guys for those of you that haven't find the SIP credentials. You must do this:

Edited,

They dont allow me to put the info......

PMdump
Notepad++

Last edited by ssssss on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. thanks for telling the world!

Now the guys at magicjack knows our method of finding the sip creds. Im sure it wont be long before they find a way of making this method useless.
arowanadream
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
I think they fixed that already. I did a dump, and did a search for username, all I found is MD5 password. I am going to return my Magicjack.

Thanks sssss
arowanadream
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again , I just return my magic jack. After all this days hacking the magic jack, should use the time to make some real money and pay for a vendor that allow us to get the SIP info.
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I believe they have "fixed" the above mentioned method of figuring out your SIP information. I used the above mentioned method about a month ago and it worked. Tried it again today and the resulting file does not contain the same data.

For instance I was able to find data like below.

ProxyUserName=EXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ProxyUserPassword=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Looks like the folks that were too stupid to keep this information off the main forum pages ruined it for the rest of you guys. What a shame.
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delta-9 wrote:
Yeah I believe they have "fixed" the above mentioned method of figuring out your SIP information. I used the above mentioned method about a month ago and it worked. Tried it again today and the resulting file does not contain the same data.

For instance I was able to find data like below.

Looks like the folks that were too stupid to keep this information off the main forum pages ruined it for the rest of you guys. What a shame.

Delta-9, you probably want to get rid of those fields above they are slightly telling...

Despite what happened the info is no longer in the forum...

To those of you trying, unplug and re-plug your MJ, then take a log once you've replugged...

Last edited by emoci on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
teddy_b
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emoci wrote:

Delta-9, you probably want to get rid of those fields above they are slightly telling...

Ha! Now - if and after Delta-9 cleans up his message - you'll need to remove those fields from your quote as well Smile...
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately its already too late. Those fields are no longer present in the resulting file.

The cats already out of the bag.

BTW: what I posted above has been all over the forum since Nov 2007 like HERE

Last edited by Delta-9 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
emoci
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teddy_b wrote:
emoci wrote:

Ha! Now - if and after Delta-9 cleans up his message - you'll need to remove those fields from your quote as well Smile...

Embarassed

Delta-9 wrote:
Unfortunately its already too late. Those fields are no longer present in the resulting file.

The cats already out of the bag.

They're still there... I checked last night, you just need to unplug...
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should remove that link back to Nov 2007, too.

You guys are barking up the wrong tree.
coolconb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last week I been having a wired problem. I can make out going calls perfectly but on incoming calls no one can hear me. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with xlite ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ps : xp no firewall
no virus scan
I�m plugged directly into my cable modem.
If I use the magic jack call's work perfectly both ways
angel-78
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: It was good while it lasted Reply with quote

Well back to the drawing board, that's what happens when info gets on the web. I got my info but i needed to get the info of my other MJ. To bad a few people blew it for everyone else.
hokie21
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they just give you the info so you can use any soft client or ATA you want? Why do they need it to be such a secret?
angel-78
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hokie21 wrote:
Why don't they just give you the info so you can use any soft client or ATA you want? Why do they need it to be such a secret?

They don't because they make money from advertising thats how they keep the price down. And if you are not at your pc then they don't get money. There will be other ways to get the info or just like there are ways to get around the pop ups and ads.
kacklehorn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Rabbits...Tricks R 4 KiDz
tatamata
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kacklehorn wrote:
Silly Rabbits...Tricks R 4 KiDz

will just have to give them something to think about>>some are not the many but some can make it happen. Going to make this my goal will dump this thing the old way.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to dump another magicjack last night Smile I bought this one from a friend, and the last time he used it was 2 days ago.. so it had the latest firmware.

I was able to get everything I needed, but had to do it a little different.
tatamata
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I j taged the jack .....smoke the jack is gone. I shouldnt have let the black smoke out of the box. Rolling Eyes
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-tag? NICE... never would have though of that... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: