magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning: Must Plug MagicJack into USB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobonca
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that.

In the mean time I found that if I uninstalled MJ using the remover software and then installed the upgrade upgrade180.exe
The error:"Warning: Must Plug MagicJack into USB" would go away

Eventually I reboot my computer and the error comes back! So I have to remove the MJ software and reinstall the upgrade again.

So I will try formatting the MJ drive and see it that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help!
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobonca wrote:
I will try that.

In the mean time I found that if I uninstalled MJ using the remover software and then installed the upgrade upgrade180.exe
The error:"Warning: Must Plug MagicJack into USB" would go away

Eventually I reboot my computer and the error comes back! So I have to remove the MJ software and reinstall the upgrade again.

So I will try formatting the MJ drive and see it that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help!

when you format a drive, it erases it completely.
repeating the steps and reloading MJ will probably only resolve the problem untill the next reboot.
Do you have a powered (ac) USB hub. That is probably what you need. You can pick up one for next to nothing on Ebay. Make sure it has an ac adaptor (plug)
If I remember correctly your on a laptop right?
So you don't have many options for usb ports.
Lobonca
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: powered USB Hub Reply with quote

I have a powered USB Hub but MJ will not work on it. I have to plug it directly into the laptop ports.
TransferCutter
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to [email protected] about having to plug in my MJ and loosing my MJ from my desktop.

Here's my reply I got

Quote:
Hi TransferCutter,

Please download and run the following upgrade with your magicJack plugged in:

http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/downgrade.exe

Please let me know if this takes care of the issue.

Sincerely,

Richard
magicJack Tech Support Manager

And, incase they remove the file, I uploaded it here

downgrade.exe - 7.3 MB

I just ran this so it won't be until tomorrow that I find if it works.

bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TransferCutter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: IT WORKS!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

This downgrade works. It's now the next day and the MJ is still working. I was able to use the phone and hours later, it's still working. No crashes or shutdowns.

IT WORKS!!!!!!
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the downgrade guys...

I had this same problem out of the blue... and i just was about to pull out my hair.. but I remembered you guys talking about it from the other day... ran the downgrade and it works fine now.
TransferCutter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Sad it stopped working again Sad
Lobonca
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: MJ replaced Reply with quote

the MagicJack people had to replace my MJ and the new one works fine.
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question...

Ive used the downgrade and it works great.. Problem is... everytime I reboot my computer I have to run the downgrade again... is there a reason for this?

Ive had my magic jack for about 1 1/2 years.. and Ive got about 5 others I bought for work.. and I havent had any problems with any of them...

the only problem is this downgrade issue on the one Ive had the longest at my home...
'

anybody have any knowledge on why this is happening?
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari Man wrote:
I have a question...

Ive used the downgrade and it works great.. Problem is... everytime I reboot my computer I have to run the downgrade again... is there a reason for this?

Ive had my magic jack for about 1 1/2 years.. and Ive got about 5 others I bought for work.. and I havent had any problems with any of them...

the only problem is this downgrade issue on the one Ive had the longest at my home...
'

Well, you must be lucking and somehow not getting updated right after you run the downgrade. So once you reboot it starts the MJ and it re-upgrades you.
I wish there was a way around it. I seldom reboot, so if I could get the downgrade to hold and not immediately do/redo the upgrade, I would be happy.
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire_Witch wrote:
Atari Man wrote:
I have a question...

'

Well, you must be lucking and somehow not getting updated right after you run the downgrade. So once you reboot it starts the MJ and it re-upgrades you.
I wish there was a way around it. I seldom reboot, so if I could get the downgrade to hold and not immediately do/redo the upgrade, I would be happy.

No, when I run the downgrade.. it automatically runs the lucky you upgrade.. and it installs everything fine.. but then after that if I reboot.. I have to run the downgrade AGAIN...
TransferCutter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote them again saying that my MJ will not work. Keeps shutting down after a call and they have offered to send me a replacement.

I have been patient with them and just described the problems but did not ask for anything specific. I tried everything they have asked. I've been writting to [email protected]

Anyone still having trouble might want to try that route.

Now waiting for my replacement.
TransferCutter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update - received my replacement today. Wrote them, giving them the serial number for the new unit so they could transfer it onto my account and keep my number and paid up time.

Will see if it keeps on running continuously.

Will post back.
devinmccloud
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Magicjack files are corrupted. This will fix the error: "Warning: Must Plug MagicJack into USB". Follow the directions below carefully.

Unplug the MagicJack USB Dongle. Go to "Start" in Windows and click on "run" and type "regedit" and press Enter.

Locate the directory "HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\".

Locate the folder called USBSTOR. Right Click on the Folder and Click on "Permissions".

In permissions, Click on the Check Mark called "Allow" to the right of "Full Control". Click OK.

Locate the folders named "CdRom&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev_2.0" and "Disk&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev_2.0"
Right Click on these Folders one at a time and hit Delete.

Locate the HKEY_Current_User\Software\Talk4Free Folder, Delete it and all Subkeys.

Locate the "HKEY_Current_User\Software\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run\" Folder, Delete "cdloader" string. Close Regedit.

Delete the mjusbsp directory and all sub-directories under ( c:\documents and settings\(your user profile name)\application data\mjusbsp).

Delete any shortcuts on your Desktop, Start Menu or in your Startup folder.

Restart your computer. After you have rebooted, plug in the MagicJack and let it reinstall the applications and update. Tada!
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devinmccloud wrote:
Your Magicjack files are corrupted. This will fix the error: "Warning: Must Plug MagicJack into USB". Follow the directions below carefully.

Unplug the MagicJack USB Dongle. Go to "Start" in Windows and click on "run" and type "regedit" and press Enter.

Locate the folder called USBSTOR. Right Click on the Folder and Click on "Permissions".

In permissions, Click on the Check Mark called "Allow" to the right of "Full Control". Click OK.

Locate the folders named "CdRom&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev_2.0" and "Disk&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev_2.0"

Locate the HKEY_Current_User\Software\Talk4Free Folder, Delete it and all Subkeys.

Locate the "HKEY_Current_User\Software\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run\" Folder, Delete "cdloader" string. Close Regedit.

Delete the mjusbsp directory and all sub-directories under ( c:\documents and settings\(your user profile name)\application data\mjusbsp).

Restart your computer. After you have rebooted, plug in the MagicJack and let it reinstall the applications and update. Tada!

Well I did it and it works perfectly.. I even rebooted it a second time just to make sure it works and its beautiful.. good as new..

The only different was the last 'cdloader' key wasnt in the same directory you said.. but I simply did a registry search for 'cdloaded' and it came up..

Thanks man.. I hope Magicjack gives you guys some finding or something because you guys are seriously the real defacto tech support.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the MJ remover program avail on MJ web page do the same thing MUCH easier than someone who may not feel comfortable messing around with the registry?? Sure for most of us here not a problem, BUT for some newbie I can only imagine the havoc they can cause by deleting the wrong key and now can't even boot Windows.
Dont get me wrong your step by step was fine for 99% but there is ALWAYS that one percent out there. You know the ones who THINK they know JUST enough to be dangerous!!
Now, of course, if the MJ remover doesn't do what your step by step does, then......................... NEVER MIND Smile
Since I have never had the need in almost 2 years to do any of that I can't say for sure. So PLEASE feel free to correct me if I am in error.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tyronebiggums
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari Man wrote:
devinmccloud wrote:

Well I did it and it works perfectly.. I even rebooted it a second time just to make sure it works and its beautiful.. good as new..

The only different was the last 'cdloader' key wasnt in the same directory you said.. but I simply did a registry search for 'cdloaded' and it came up..

Thanks man.. I hope Magicjack gives you guys some finding or something because you guys are seriously the real defacto tech support.

I am using win7 64 and I am getting access denied when i attempt those steps listed above.
wipeout97
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the problem recently and this is what worked for me.

First, open up msconfig and uncheck the cdloader command.

Second, right mouse click on the magicjack icon on your desktop and select properties then click advanced under the "shortcut tab" then check run as administrator. Next click the compatibility tab and check run as administrator.

Third, go back to your desktop and now click the magicjack icon to run magicjack. It will now start up fine but you need to go back and uncheck the two run as administrator options or the program will require permission each time it's requested to run.

Fourth, copy the shortcut icon and open your start menu to the programs folder. Find the startup folder and right mouse click then click explore. Paste your copied magicjack shortcut in this folder then reboot to see if mj is working fine with no more usb errors.

After doing this and changing admin privileges to the mj it makes me wonder if this is a windows security flaw and not an mj problem.

Win 7 x64
gregleem
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me!! This is after I spent useless hours with the MJ chat, what a waste of time. I should have come here first. The only difference was the cdloader string was in HIKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
Thanks so much!!
nitemare
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happen to me - using a Thin client. Have not rebooted since January. Then all of sudden, no dial tone.

I was going to do the regedit, but instead opted for the MJ remover +update..Works perfect.

So I guess when MJ releases and update, those with thin clients that never reboot get hosed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: