magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Am I Missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manasota
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: What Am I Missing? Reply with quote

I just got a thin client set up with stroths image but the Magic Jack won't connect. I can log in, but that's as far as I get. It keeps saying "connect to the internet". The splash screen after I enter my account password recognises me. I ran the Magic Fix with no success.

My network works.
The internet works.
No problems with the hardware.
The Magic Jack works on another computer.

What am I missing?
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that issue once, but I was running MJ as a service at the time. I disabled the service and ran it natively like MJ intended I was then able to connect and make the update.

If that's not the issue, try deleting the mjusbsp folder and then plug back in.
manasota
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I got it to work by increasing the size of the RAM drive. I tried to install some other software and kept getting "not enough disk space" errors so I increased it to 64 megs. Might be a coincidence but at least it works now.

Actually....I think the date/time just needed correction. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: