magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

won't register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eirelynsmom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: won't register Reply with quote

I plugged the device in as directed. The screen came up to register. However, when I was half way through the registration process it said it could not be completed due to a problem with the server from magic jack. It told me to try again later. I tried just a few minutes ago, but it wouldn't go back to the registration screen for me to try again. I just want to get this setup, get a phone number and then have a home phone finally. Please tell me how I can get this done.

Shari McEnery Yarber Crying or Very sad
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disconnecting your MJ device from your computer, shutting your computer down for a few minutes, then restarting your computer; once your pc is fully rebooted, plug your MJ device back into one of the pc's USB ports to attempt the initial registration process again from the beginning.

If you still experience the problem, go to magicjack.com. Click on live help at the bottom of the page. Keep clicking through links until you actually get a live help chat to start. Report the problem to the person who responds, being certain to tell them of the server problem message that you received. I would have your original device purchase info handy as well, just in case it's needed. If they can't manage to get the problem fixed before whatever your product return/refund deadline approaches, you'll need to be sure to just return it to wherever in time to get your refund. But hopefully the problem will be fixed within a day or two of your reporting it.
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Incumbent local exchange carrier extra charge, please get Reply with quote

many numbers I try call don't go and get recording, Incumbent local exchange carrier, please get prepaid calling card. all are local numbers
on a different exchange. Magicjack support just gives the same BS and will not fix. I am sure many have the same probs. What can we do to get it fixed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incumbent_local_exchange_carrier
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Incumbent local exchange carrier extra charge, please ge Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
many numbers I try call don't go and get recording, Incumbent local exchange carrier, please get prepaid calling card. all are local numbers
on a different exchange. Magicjack support just gives the same BS and will not fix. I am sure many have the same probs. What can we do to get it fixed?

You have posted this query to the wrong thread. There are more than a few threads that address the problem you describe. Please read through those threads and choose the one you would like to contribute to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: