magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would I be regretting the recent MJ FW update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Would I be regretting the recent MJ FW update? Reply with quote

It's been 3-month since I activared my 4th GEN MJ Dongle. After retrieving its credential, I've disconnected from the PC and been using Siphon on my iPhone ever since. Now I'm thinking about pluging it back into my PC but have not done so... yet.

After plenty of reading, it seems that by plugging it I risk the possibility that I might not be able to use Siphon due to the MJ's FW update. My question is, besides the possibility of its altering the existing credential, could you please advise of what else I should be expecting either negative or positive?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited by lousk on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Would I be regretting the recent MJ FW update? Reply with quote

lousk wrote:
I's been 3-month since I activared my 4th GEN MJ Dongle. After retrieving its credential, I've disconnected from the PC and been using Siphon on my iPhone ever since. Now I'm thinking about pluging it back into my PC but have not done so... yet.

After plenty of reading, it seems by plugging I risk the possibility that I might no be able to Siphon due to the MJ's FW update. My question is, besides the possibility of its altering the existing credential, could you please advise of what else I should be expecting either negative or positive?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Why even mess with it if it's working fine?
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... you're actually right!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey even a broken clock is right twice a day.... Smile

Yep lychy is 100% right and I am just busting.

Usually it is a good thing to tweak and update to the latest, but with MJ not always the case. Just let sleeping dogs lie...Because Murphy is ALWAYS watching and waiting!!!

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
synchron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've upgraded but I still have my old credentials since June 2009.

Synchron Cool
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... I like the clock analogy!
I truly appreciate all your comments. I don't remember the source, butb I came across some writing about that, if it receives the new and recent update the it will change and screw up the credential (like the pw and so) everytime its used. In addition, I read also when it's time to renew I'll be force to update in order to continue to work. I don't know if any of this stuff is true or bs.
lychy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lousk wrote:
LOL... I like the clock analogy!
I truly appreciate all your comments. I don't remember the source, butb I came across some writing about that, if it receives the new and recent update the it will change and screw up the credential (like the pw and so) everytime its used. In addition, I read also when it's time to renew I'll be force to update in order to continue to work. I don't know if any of this stuff is true or bs.

In this forum I have read a lot about the update changing the credentials.

The renewal thing, I am not sure of. I don't see how they would even know.
If it works now without being updated, then it should work after renewing. Unless it has to be plugged in to be renewed. IDK I haven't renewed yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: