magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XPe question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isleblue65
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: XPe question Reply with quote

I acquired a used (non HP model) thin client that is Administrator password protected, and I don't know how to get into it. It is running XPe. I have tried various methods such as safe mode (admin has this locked out), Windows password unlocking programs (again, Admin access needed), and I can not find a Bios update - which I would probably need Admin privileges to access anyhow. I just need access to the file location of the Admin information.

Where is the Administrator name and password information stored in XPe? I opened the case of my TC and it has a Sandisk CF card for the flash. If this info is stored in the flash memory, I could perhaps get into it through a card reader on another PC? Or is it stored in the Bios, or somewhere else where I could try to get at it? There are some batteries in there that could be removed?? This would be my last resort.

Thanks for any help.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think you have a few options:
1) Ask your friend for the password (or whoever/wherever you got it from)
2) Use this http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ , but I am not sure if you can use it with XPe?
3) Reformat your computer... Again I am not sure where you get XPe from because I don't use thin clients. However, I have used XP micro which seems sorta like it, but not sure... Here's a link to XP micro if you want...
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/157884138/Micro_xp_v_0.82.rar

The password shouldn't be in BIOS, because from what I understand you basically boot the client and then you can login to the admins desktop.... So do not remove the battery....and the battery is for keeping the system time so it wouldn't do much anyway. If it is BIOS password then you would needa mess with the pins and it would be a huge mess....

Peace

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MagicMo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: XPe question Reply with quote

isleblue65 wrote:
I acquired a used (non HP model) thin client that is Administrator password protected, and I don't know how to get into it. It is running XPe. I have tried various methods such as safe mode (admin has this locked out), Windows password unlocking programs (again, Admin access needed), and I can not find a Bios update - which I would probably need Admin privileges to access anyhow. I just need access to the file location of the Admin information.

What is the make and model of your thin client?

If it is a Wyse XPe model, and you can get to the login screen (not auto login), try user: Administrator, pw: Administrator. This is the default login for a unit with OEM software.

If it is set to auto login, I think the trick is to hold down the shift key when logging out. This should bring up the login screen.

MagicMo
isleblue65
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a TK-5377 Series 17" LCD Integrated Thin Client made by Termtek.

I've tried the Administrator/ Administrator trick from the logon screen by holding the shift key as you log out. Didn't work because the Admin user name and password is unique. I asked the previous owner if he knew the password and he said he did not remember it. I was able to view the user list in DOS and Admin and Guest were last modified in 2005 when the machine was new.

I tried a password recovery program, but it was downloaded to the thin client and I couldn't open and run it. Maybe there is a way to get one of these programs to auto-boot from a USB. I tried using a USB to upload a utility but I was admin locked out of that as well.

I left the TC with the IT guy at work on Friday and I'll mention those utilities to him next week Kumar. It got to the point with me that I was either going to drive over the thing with my car or give someone with more patience a chance to figure it out.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: